Newbie Need Some Help Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SuzyQm, Apr 21, 2008.

1. SuzyQm

SuzyQm New Member

Hi, I need some help. My son has the ipod touch and he did a reset and then updated the firmware to 1.1.4 (4A102) . but now he cant connect to itunes. I've tried everything from resetting the ipod to making sure its fully charged. uninstalled itunes reinstalled latest. tried on 4 different computers. My husband has a regular ipod and his connects to itunes when he plugs it in. but my son's touch connects to the computer opens itunes but wont connect.... I've even tried going online with the touch to download the new january update but the touch wont connect to itunes thru the wifi........ im lost dont know what else to do .. can one of you super smart ones help me out so i dont go crazy .
    Thanks
    Suz
  2. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Welcome to the forums!

Anyways... Go to http://apple.com

Then look for common iPod problems

I know ur problem is on there

If that doesn't solve problem call apple they will guide you through steps
  3. beezy

beezy New Member

did apples website work?
  4. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

i would say you need to restore it, so to do that hold home button while the iPod is off then connect to the pc and keep holding the home button untill you see a usb cable and itunes logo on the iPod, restore it then just use ziphone to jailbrake it to get the january pack and more for free.
  5. xvagosx

xvagosx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will have to reset it, again.
    • This time turn off the iPod completely.
    • Hold the Home Button continuously.
    • While holding it, plug the cable in and
    • Keep holding it untill it's open again. You will see an iTunes icon and a cable with an arrow on the screen.
    • Then you will get a message from iTunes, saying that "the iPod you connected, is in Restore Mode and can't be recognized by iTunes until it is Restored" [something like that]
    If this doesn't work, you will have to call an Apple Store, and tell them about it, or even visit one, to get face-to-face help and instructions of making it work on your Home PC