Newbie: how do I transfer my old files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nilkin, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Nilkin

Nilkin New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I have just ordered a New Ipod Touch 4th Gen its my 2nd Ipod Ever! so seeing I am newbie

Please Register or Log in to view images

how do I go about transferring my games,apps,saves & other files to my new Ipod touch ???

Sorry if this been asked before but if you can help would be grateful

Thank you
  2. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sync your ipod in itunes wait for it to back up when you get your new one plug it and click restore backup or something like that then select your ipod eg Newbie's iPod
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Right click on your device in iTunes and click "Back Up". This creates a backup of your iPod, so that when you get your new one, all you have to do is choose that backup to restore to when you get your new one.
  4. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can setup your iPod from a backup of your previous iPod via iTunes when you first receive your iPod 4.
  5. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Wait...since the new iPod comes with iOS 4.1, you might need to update (won't delete data) on your other one, then make a backup, then restore from it from the backup on the new one, because I tried to restore from a backup of 3.0 on 2.2.1, and it didn't let me, and it also didn't let me restore one of 2.2.1 on 3.0. I know that it's a huge difference of firmwares, but just in case, I would do the update, then backup, BLAH blah Blah
  6. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    also, choose "Transfer Purchases" to backup application. Then backup your device for settings and pics and all that. It won't save music though.