newbie here

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by wtE, Jul 23, 2008.

1. wtE

wtE New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, ive been out of the ipod touch jailbreaking thing for a long time.
    i have a couple of questions.

1. what exactly is pwning your ipod?
    2. Is there ANY way to put an offline wikipedia onto the ipod touch with 2.0 firmware?
    3. is the 2.0 firmware worth the upgrade?
    4. What do you guys have on your ipod?(2.0 or 1.14 or w/e)
  2. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. pwning is being able to create your own custom firmware so you can jailbreak it, and change basically everything about it to make it the way you want
    2. Not yet.
    3. In my opinion, yes. The appstore provides many free and paid apps that are better than what installer had. People complain about paying, but i think for the most part it's reasonable
    4. i have an nes emulator, Super Monkey ball, Crash nitro racing, iPint, TTR Revenge, Flashlight, MiM, Cube Runner, Writing pad, and AOL Radio and of course Cydia.
  3. Switch

Switch New Member

Bang on, i think 2.0 is worth it when jailbroken cause so much more is to come.
  4. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Pwning = jailbreaking. This means you can break the restrictions by apple and do whatever you want with your iPod.

For now there's no wikipedia for 2.0 only older firmwares. I say it's bad to use in anycase. It eats space!

2.0 is cool but not much jailbreak apps yet

I'm on 2.0
  5. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    worth the upgrade
    you get the best of both worlds on 2.0
    official apps from apple's appstore, and
    jailbreak, unofficial apps, but dont follow any restrictions like the apps in the appstore do

The only downside is no installer...YET...but it should be sup3r soon.

I have Cydia, iPod App (rather than music and videos apps), taptap revenge, cube runner, enigmo, crash nitro kart, NES, scribble, bubble wrap, labyrinth, riddle rLite, iPint, poof, remote, light, flaslight, flashlight (w/ strobe light), AIM, Terminal, BossPrefs.
    As you can see, its awesome having hacked apps (NES, Poof, BossPrefs, Terminal), but its nice to have unofficial apps too, (everything else left in the list)
  6. wtE

wtE New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wait, so is it possible to import my wiki2touch application once I install 2.0 firmware and pwn it?
  7. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    probably not considering it was written for 1.1X software. you'll have to wait for the developers to port it to 2.0 unless you know somehow.
  8. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey since everyone else answered your questions, let me recommend to search for these things. there have been several posts covering all of your questions and they all are accessible when searched for.

now anyway, on my ipod i have a bunch of appstore apps (monkey ball, crash 3D, etc.) and then i have cydia and make it mine.