Newbie Here in South Jersey

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by itouch08078, Dec 29, 2008.

1. itouch08078

itouch08078 New Member

Hello To All,

My name is Chris and i just recieved for Christmas an ipod Touch 2g 16gb. And i love it. Did the upgrade to 2.2 software and have had no none issues.

Looking to talk to anyone or hear from all about some great free apps maybe some games to beable to install. Dont need alot of games but apps for music or just apps you could find yourself using alot.

Also info on how to get a screensaver on my ipod 2nd gen. I have one on the lock screen but would like on the background of my buttons. Dont want to jailbreak this so any help would be great.

Thanks
    Looking forward to getting great info from this site......

P.S Anyone have a Case Mate Clear case for your touch? Thinking of buying one and want to see what you think about it........

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Well, seeing as you have a new 2G, you can't jailbreak, but you can find some great free applications on the App Store from this thread.

You can't get a screensaver on your iPod. It just doesn't work. If you want your screen to turn off and lock after a certain amount of time, go into Settings, hit General and then Auto-Lock. You can adjust the time it takes for your iPod to turn off.

If you're talking about a BACKGROUND for your home screen, that's jailbreak only. Since you can't jailbreak the new iPods, that's not really an option.

I don't know much about the case, but welcome to the boards!

(I live in South Jersey too. Nice to see somebody from there on here too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you cannot jailbreak the 2g yet so no background for your apps sorry welcome to the forums dude and please post in the correct section once again though welcome to the site
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Where in jersey?
  5. itouch08078

itouch08078 New Member

Im in South jersey just outside Deptford....Ok thanks for the answers. Ill check out that link for the apps you think would be good. I have a decalgirl skin on it now with the graveyard screen saver but not really liking it so......THANKS
  6. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    New jersey is popular from this thread. I'm from north jersey near NYC.

Try some lite versions of some apps/games. Like Fireworks Lite, Topple (For a limited time), FSS Hockey, iChooser, AppVee, vSNAX, iheartradio, Flixster, Checkers, IGN, AIM, Tap Tap Revenge, & JellyCar.

Anyways, i use those and i enjoy them. Keeps me entertained for hours.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This sounds more like an introduction, so you can guess where I moved it.