newb Ipod touch owner with some questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 88 hatchback, Feb 14, 2010.

1. 88 hatchback

88 hatchback New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know you guys must get a ton of these new threads posted all the time.... so first, I'll start with an apology... sorry.

lol, that being said, I've just gotten myself a first gen touch... but the firmware was just updated to 3.1.3... I'm looking to jailbreak it...but I can't seem to find any info on the 1g touches and jailbreaking... is this possible?

I'm using windows as an OS, so any links/info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I'm looking to have some of my own themes... and possible SOME software... but not that much, I have no idea whats really available for these yet.

thanks,
    88 hatchback
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will need to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2, whicj is possible of the first gen. Search the forum for a guide on how to "shift-restore" and you should be good.

Then just jailbreak with blackra1n or redsn0w.
  3. 88 hatchback

88 hatchback New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    great! thanks for the rapid response.... I"m sure I'll be back with more questions.. lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok... so I'm full of more questions... I've downloaded redsn0w along with the firmware 3.1.2 - because apparently 3.1.3 isn't jailbroken yet....

however, when using redsn0w, its asking me to identify which FW I have on my touch.... how the heck do I DL 3.1.2 to my touch? itunes will only allow me to backup/restore info.... says changing firmware is NOT available.

help?