New Zune VS iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andyandy6464, Oct 3, 2007.

1. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

Did anyone hear about the new Zunes that Microsoft is releasing? Being a previous owner of a zune before i bought my touch, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were? The only cool thing that the Zune has going for it is wi-fi sync (which i think could have the possibility of being painfully slow)

It's still got Wi-Fi music sharing, but it's still limited to the 3 days or 3 plays which i think is stupid, but i can see why the record industries would want it that way.

They also finally have the first of their flash based players. 2 and 4 gb. and the pricing is competitive wit the new iPods.

http://www.zunescene.com/

I have to admit, the GUI and the new touch pad, or "squircle" as they call is is pretty cool.

Still love my touch, though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

Also...kinda off topic, but is anyone else annoyed with the new sync cable? Why doesn't it have the tabs on the sides to push in to remove it like the previous ones?
  3. synagence

synagence New Member

Yeah it doesn't .... but if you look at the plug side-by-side with an old style one its designed to be used without the push-in sides.

The old plug has |\ looking lock pins, new one has /\ looking ones.

So it won't damage the connection....i prefer it .... at least if it gets pulled accidently it'll come out without fear of damaging connection.
  4. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

You had a couple things wrong about the new zunes. The wireless sharing is now enhanced. You can keep the songs as long as you want, but still only listen to them 3 times. And the flash versions are 4 and 8gb, not 2 and 4gb. I personally think they look ugly.
  5. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

am i to assume they work off a flash based interface? meaning they should be able to play flash content? that would certainly be an advantage over the ipod, and the wifi sharing as well... even if it is limited.

for my own use, i am very pleased with the ipod and since I only wanted it for basic use, the touch screen interface was the main selling point and still would be the main selling point. so i think i would still go for the ipod.
  6. badapple18

badapple18 New Member

wifi

The Zune may have wifi but you still can't surf the internet! That right there is a pretty big difference so it would be hard to compare a zune to a touch especialy since the zune isn't touch screen like the iPot. if you wanted to compare the zune to an ipod you would have t compare it to the new nano or classic otherwise they are just not in the same league. also i believe the zune has no Mac OSX support. that in itself criples itself to alot of people. this is where Microsoft failed. and that is why the ipod gained so much success. i for one have and use both oporating systems daily which is why i love my new touch. i can finally sync between my osx laptop and my pc without transfering songs to different computers. so i choose iPod all around.

oh and why the F#$K would you want to turn on your FM Tuner if you had your own music and vids loaded up on the thing? waste of space imo
  7. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

im in Wisconsin, so the only reason for FM would be bob and brian in the morning...
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, i have noticed something with the new style apple plug: any device that can be removed without an undock has the plug without the push tabs. the FM radio/remote has it, but the classic and nano dont come with it because they require an undock before being unplugged.

I had a Zune for about a week, i bought it the day it came out. I was happy with it, it switched songs faster than the iPod, but the PC software just blows monkey scrotes. The Zune 2, the flash ones, do look pretty appealing, and a built in FM radio is a nice thing to have, instead of being forced into paying 50$ for one later on and having an extra accessory. microsoft may have something with the new zune. it will be their software that kills it.

also, i wonder how they got licensed to use Apples two biggest codecs, H.264 and MP4?
  9. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You might want to listen to news or talk radio or perhaps get a weather report.
  10. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    haha me too! nice to meet a hacker from my city

Please Register or Log in to view images