New York Times on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bgizzle, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Who else will be getting this app? This looks amazing!
  2. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It looked amazing.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I wonder if they will charge a subscription. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks per month, I guess, but it's hard to shake the habit of having free access via their iPhone app.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That brings up the point of electronic news affecting the success of "traditional" newspaper companies. I certainly wouldn't mind a nominal subscription fee, but as a subscriber to the "real" New York Times, I would hope to have free or discounted access.

The iPhone app features unobtrusive ads, and the larger screen of the iPad allows for the insertion of ads without decimating visible content.
  5. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it's a brilliant looking app, and newspapers/magazines/comics/manga is really going to be a huge point of sales for the iPad I think.

I'd get the app, and I'd probably pay a minor subscription fee too, especially as a user who won't always necessarily be in the US.

I tried the NYT on my Kindle but the device is just NOT suited to any kind of non-linear reading. Novels are great, anything you want to scan just doesn't work well.
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I wish there was a UK version :O!.but then again, most UK newspapers are terrible lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ACSFernalld

ACSFernalld New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I read somewhere that they're going to be charging $10/month. That's ridiculous IMHO. Reaaaalllyyyy nice app, but it's not worth $10/month when you can go get a similar experience on the actual website.