New Xbox 360 Controller revealed.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Aug 31, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

No matter what you say about the Xbox 360, weather you hate Xbox Live, or the Dreaded Rrod, there is one thing every gamer of this gen have to admit. That it has the best controller out right now, unless you like to play without controllers...

Its not nostalgic, or even memorable, or even revolutionary, buts its defiantly the most comfortable and most versatile. Of course its not without its problems. The D-pad sucks, seriously its very bad. Its been an issue for as long as its been released back in 2005.

It has no precision, and for games like Street Fighter and the upcoming Street Fighter VS Tekken and other 2D platformers, its not up to the standard.

Microsoft are finally smelling the coffee and they have acted, your new Xbox 360 Controller awaits.

The new controller looks normal, apart from the buttons are now monochrome, but it has another secret...you guessed it! The D-pad is improved!

If you rotate the D-Pad ring 90-degrees to the right, the D-Pad pops out leaving you with a four point D-Pad. Rotate the ring back for it to return back to its usual posture.

The controller also has an improved trigger design and muted color buttons, probably to make it more adult looking?

The price? Its only available with the play and charge kit and it costs $65 and it drops November 9th, a week after Kinect.

Hopefully you can now rest in peace knowing you can pull of that perfect Hadouken!

Video here
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The old D-Pad was terrible. I've died too many times from trying to activate a killstreak and instead apparently pressing up or down when I clearly clicked right.

That's the one thing I'm going to miss about the Xbox, the controller.
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Its probably the best controller this gen...unless you like kinect or PlayStation Move *Lightbulb*

Great controller, very comfortable.
  4. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have always loved the 360 controller. It's really comfortable and sexy-looking. The first day I got it I started playing with the controller with the box off and admiring it (I have the Halo 3 Legendary Edition controller). Too bad my left thumbstick stays in place instead of snapping back to center sometimes, but still great.

EDIT: Not to start a flame war or anything but I can't understand how some people say the PS3 controller is more comfortable. I've tried it and it hurts my hands -.-
  5. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have Move on Pre-Order...

Looks not much different?
  6. b_gardner74

b_gardner74 New Member

I personally have always loved the xbox 360 controller. I agree with you its the best controller out there. MS is finally getting a lot of things right with the new xbox slim and the new controller just looks awesome.
  7. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I didn't understand that?

PS: You love to tell everyone you pre-ordered it don't you?

8. Mr Pudge

Mr Pudge Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Went to gamestop today and traded in a couple games for credit ($120, b*tch). And bought the Reach limited edition controller (and pre-ordered reach

), I'm not really sure why, but it feels better than the original one. It's also lighter for sure.

It's probably all in my head though.

9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Looks sexy, it does
    But i am used to the PS3 controller, i tried different controllers and the dualshock 3 is the one i like the best, but that's just me