new with some questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by INxFAMOUSxJW, Apr 8, 2009.

1. INxFAMOUSxJW

INxFAMOUSxJW New Member

hey ive had my itouch for awhile now. and ive known about jailbreaking. but i wat to know is it worth it? ive heard your itouch can stop working and etc.. i Have a 8gb itouch idk the verison or firmware. i think i downloaded the newest one from itunes.. well is jailbreaking pretty easy? can i still have all my music on it and everything else?
  2. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

- It is worth it
    - No, it cannot stop working because of jailbreak
    - To check the current firmware, go to Settings --> General --> About --> Version
    - For the 1G iPod Touch, jailbreaking is easy.
    - You will NOT loose all your music and stuff UNLESS you jailbreak with PwnageTool instead of QuickPwn
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Jailbreaking is worth it, and it is easy. There are numerous advantages including themes, apps that Apple won't allow, background processes, copy and paste, and many other things. An application called Wolf3D is free in Cydia but $5 in the app store, and it is legal to download.
    Finding guides to jailbreak is not that hard. I am sure there is one around this forum somewhere, and if not a google search will do the trick. If you are using PwnageTool, you have to restore, so you lose all of your files. But QuickPwn does not require a restore and all of your files on your iPod will not be modified. Finally, if you are using Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) then QuickPwn does not work on it. But you can hook up your iPod to another computer and run QuickPwn from there.
  4. Hollie is Epic

Hollie is Epic New Member

Jailbreaking is definately worth it, and it's completely easy.. I JB in a matter of a minutes..
    Yes, you will still have everything on it unless you restore you iPod..