New Wireless Charger from WildCharge

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by personman, Oct 3, 2008.

1. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    A company called WildCharge had been created a few years ago. They had plans to make a charger that was small and could charge several devices at one without having to plug them all in. They succeeded and started out by selling a small pad that you plug in and an adapter that fits the V3 RAZR. Now they support the Blackberry Curve and Blackberry Pearl and will soon be supporting the iPod Touch and iPhone. Instead of adapters, they will have what they call skins. Skins are just protective skins with the WildCharge adapter built into it. Since the skins are well... skins, not plastic cases, even if they don't release one for the new iPod Touch or iPhone 3G, you can get it to fit in the old one. The link to their site is www.wildcharge.com and the YouTube video is here.

Here are some pictures of it:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Mods, if you think this is good enough, please front page it. Thanks!
  2. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    seems like alot of hassle taking the skin off every time you wanna sync the iphone/ipod in this instance its seems cables would be better
  3. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Its a pass through, even though it may not look like it in the picture. There might be a cover on it or they have it patched to make the picture look better.
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That may be true but I'd rather not have 5 different adapters plugged in with 5 wires skewered about. This seems seems useful to charge several appliances at once.

EDIT: Powercast seems to be working with other companies to add a chip in their devices so you won't need to outfit the device with an case.
    http://powercastco.com/technology/
  5. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, as is WildCharge. A lot of companies are creating the same thing and I have a feeling that WildCharge will be the only company that succeeds in making several adapters and stuff and actually selling it and getting it integrated into other products because they've actually made LOTS of progress in the last few years while the others have made NONE.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've seen many versions of these chargers.
    They work by convection currents(I think thats right) They work the same way as how electric toothbrushes work, using an electromagnetic coil to charge the device
    The one I saw on TV, needed an adapter on the device for the electromagnetic current to flow into.
    But I quite like it, charging all your devices in one space
  7. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Pictures Updated!

Well, in the video, you can see that this company actually integrated the adapter into protective skins. The only downside is that, if you want to use a different case, you can't. I use hard cases because I though of them as more protective. I now realized that rubber can be just as protective because my Mom bought a silicone case for her Blackberry.

Pictures Updated!
  8. beebop

beebop New Member

9. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Amazing isn't it, LOL.
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well that is a sexy way of charging your device! now we wait for wireless syncing...