New w/ an ipod touch got some Questions..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Veritas331, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Veritas331

Veritas331 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Basically i just got a 8gb Ipod Touch from a buddy of mine.. i believe it was jailbroken since it has installer 4.0 and winterboard on the main screen, and i believe he was just using ripdev to install w/e, just winterboard and games i think cuz those are the only other icons i got. No Cydia, and ive been messin around w/ d/l for hours trying to get cydia and i couldnt get it, it would just sit there and refresh forever, eventually i see that Installer's been discontinued.. Ive sifted through pages upon pages of google trying to figure out how to get cydia and other apps n themes for winterboard and i cant find anything so im hoping i can get some help here.. How can i get cydia or get other free apps w/out installer 4.0?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and if there is a thread already posted, my b, i didnt search through this site, ive been searching through google and everything forever so i posted up here as a last resort. So if theres sh*t already, dont be a dick.
  2. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would recomend restoring to 3.0 and re-jailbreaking. That's what I would do, because I like a fresh jailbreak on a new iPod. I'm sure theres a manual way to add Cydia, but I am un-aware of one.
    Download redsn0w 0.8 and re-jailbreak
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seconded.
  4. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah rejailbreak
  5. iBoss™