New User

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BamaWeed, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BamaWeed

BamaWeed New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought my 1st touch at a pawn shop today. Wasn't until I got home that I discovered it was a 1G, but I'm happy with it so far. I upgraded from 1.1.5 to 3.0 using the iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. I cant d/l any free apps from itunes as I don't have an acct. so my question is where do I go to d/l free apps? TIA !
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Make a free account in iTunes, and then click the App Store Icon. They have a section for free apps.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You need an iTunes account to legally obtain apps. Any other way is piracy, also illegal. You say you have no iTunes account, so therfoe the only way to have gotten 3.0 is illegally downloading it.

Welcome to the forums, I suggest you read the iPtF rules before posting again.
  4. emery72

emery72 New Member

What is priacy? lol

Just create an iTunes account. It is really easy and there are more free apps than you could ever imagine.
  5. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    First off, welcome to iPod touch Fans. Second, you need a credit card when you are signing up for iTunes, but once you are done you can de-activate it when you are finished so you don't accidentally go over. iTunes is the only legal way to get apps for the iPod touch (unless you jailbreak, apps in Cydia are different though...) The devs work hard on applications, please pay them as due...