New User with a few ?'s

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BriZNiZ, Aug 8, 2009.

1. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi, i just recently got myself a new ipod touch (dont ask why it took so long) lol cuz i love it and cant put it down but i have a few questions. First off i read a post on here somewhere about how sometimes if your ipod starts running slowly it can be because your apps are still running in the background and it said something along the lines of holding the home button for a few seconds to close them? Could someone explain this to me a little please? And i was also wondering if i play a game and end up hittin the home button can i return to the game or have to restart the game?

Edit... one more thing lol....... is there a way 2 actually stop a song? all i can ever do is pause them? is this the way its meant 2 be? Just wondering

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Force quitting an application is holding the home button down for like 5 seconds.
    2. Apples SDK does not allow 3rd party applications to run in the background so most likely if the game does not allow saving, then you will need to start over
    3. And no, the way to stop music is pause and push the home button.
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you jailbreak your device (highly reccomend, search the forums to see why you should), you can download something called SBSettings from Cydia (jailbroken app you use to download stuff) and you would be able to actually stop the Music process, and all apps running in the background.

Oh, and Apple apps run in the background. Maybe not 3rd party apps, but things like Mail and Safari do, so its good to close them.

Just search the forums, see how f***ing better jailbreaking is, jailbreak, then download SBSettings.
  4. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    alright thanks for the replys and yeah i got it jailbroke but didnt know anything about sbsettings ill have to check that out! thanks again
  5. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    btw just out of curiousity whos the girl in your avatar?
  6. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    LOL! man honestly i wish i knew! but i dont hahaa just a superman fan and have had that pic forever.
  7. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you check out SBSettings?