New updates in installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AllSystemGo, May 18, 2008.

1. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone could help me out figuring why some times, I make an upsate of an app, like for example Customize 2.0, so I make the update to the new beta 9, but then when the update is done I have another update in installer but for a older version Beta 5. I am able to do the update but then it tells me that I have Beta 9 in the update section...

Thank you for the help.

Cheers
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

because you have a repo that still has the old one
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pilk

Pilk New Member

basically you have two sources with the same app on them, just different versions. for example, you have customize v2.0b8 installed, installer scans all your sources and sees that (insert repo here) has 2.0b9, so it tells you to update.

then it scans again and sees that (insert a different repo) is hosting v2.0b8 (they obviously havn't updated their repo yet) and thinks, hmm, the versions are different so it MUST be a new version. so it tells you that there is another update.

basically installer is stupid and really needs sorting out. if you have loads of sources you could find yourself with a constant stream of about 9 apps constantly screaming to be updated. the best thing to do is find the repo thats hosting the older version and delete it, or if you really need it, ignore the problem until installer gets updated and its fixed.

i tried to make it as simple as possible, sorry if its confusing.
    1 person likes this.
  4. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Thank you for the clear update on how installer works. I do understand now why I get those updates.

Cheers to both of you. +rep