New Toy on its way!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The UNtouchable One, May 24, 2009.

1. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, after some extremely heavy research, I decided to order an iPod Touch. I searched Amazon, Wal-Mart (extremely failed site) and all the electronic stores around town. I finally bit into the Apple and ordered a Refurbished 32GB 1st Gen. fresh from the store. For those (few) who don't know, Apple's refurbished iPods all come with new batteries, backplates (aluminum piece), a one-year warranty like new iPods, and a thorough checkout to make sure all the gears tick. What did I pay for it? $280+ tax. Am I complaining? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Will I jailbreak it? For now, no. When does it get here? Wednesday. Am I excited? You could say HECK YEAH!!!!

I have some iTunes questions, though.

1) I heard that iTunes 8 has iPod Firmware 2.? in it and it's a free upgrade. Wishful thinking?

2) I have downloaded a "few" apps onto iTunes and I have all my album art (supposedly) sorted out. As soon as I sync my iPod, will it sync my music straight into it, or will it go through when I tell it to?

3) Album Art. I got most of it from iTunes, but for some, I used www.albumartexchange.com and did Get Info for all songs, and put the album art as the Artwork. Will it work?
  2. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    oh boy... i cant wait to see what people have to say about this one.....
  3. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1) I'm afraid if it's a 1st gen you ordered, you'll have to buy the upgrade for about $20 (Not 100% sure on the price) from the itunes store.

2) When your ipod is set up in itunes, you can either set it to sync all your music/videos/apps etc. with your itunes library when you press the sync button, or you can manually add individual files. Syncing is the best way to go though.

3) So long as your album art shows up in iTunes, it will show on your iPod (Just make sure each individual song in the album has the album art, cause sometimes when you add a song it won't automatically apply the album art to that song)

I hope that answers your questions

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Its $10 for upgrade actually 9.95
  5. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Keep us updated when ur "new" iPod touch arrives ya...

Anyway, with regards to your query on album arts, I source mine the hard way, i.e. via a Google Image search or even Wikipedia... So far, more than 300 of my songs have already got the album art but unfortunately, the total number of songs in my playlist is 812... Looks like there is still a long way to go!
  6. fast1

fast1 Banned

google image? lol i did that way too

7. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol @ touch1979. I only had one time that I manually had to find album art. However, Amazon.com is a wonderful thing.

QUOTE: "1) I'm afraid if it's a 1st gen you ordered, you'll have to buy the upgrade for about $20 (Not 100% sure on the price) from the itunes store.

2) When your ipod is set up in itunes, you can either set it to sync all your music/videos/apps etc. with your itunes library when you press the sync button, or you can manually add individual files. Syncing is the best way to go though.

3) So long as your album art shows up in iTunes, it will show on your iPod (Just make sure each individual song in the album has the album art, cause sometimes when you add a song it won't automatically apply the album art to that song)

I hope that answers your questions" QUOTE

I appreciate the answers, Jay. It'll be here tomorrow, and I've got my case and music ready. $10 bucks for a firmware that is free to iPhones? WTF??? Sigh... oh, well... could be worse. Thanks for all the help, guys (and gals if out there) It's coming Fed-Ex and will be here tomorrow.

8. mikeysjr

mikeysjr Member

You shoulda got a 2g. I had both and ended up selling my 2g and now that im back to using my 1g I really wish I hadnt sold it. The 2g compared to the 1g is just way better in every way I accutly notice lag on some stuff unlike my 2g were every thing was smooth. I also noticed that my internet connection seems weaker.