New "Touch"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WendyJ, May 26, 2009.

1. WendyJ

WendyJ New Member

I just ordered a new Ipod touch. What is the best way to transfer my music from my old ipod? Thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You dont use iTunes?
  3. WendyJ

WendyJ New Member

Yes, but I havn't used it that much. Should I just connect the new ipod and transfer the music? Iknow I must sound silly but I'm not sure of what to do. Thanks
  4. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes you connect it like any other ipod to itunes and it will sync all of the music you have stored on itunes (if they are in the right format) onto your new ipod.
  5. WendyJ

WendyJ New Member

Thanks for the quick replys!
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Only iTunes can be used to transfer songs from one iPod to another... Like what jpga13 said, shouldn't ur other iPod also be using iTunes?

Too bad iPods are not like the other MP3 players in the market, where songs can be transferred via the usual method of just connecting to a USB slot and doing the drag-and-drop transfer... So much easier!
  7. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm happy iPod is not an ordinary "usb flash" player!
    That helps to keep library in order, with all tags & covers. Also other mp3 players are not able to categorize and quick search tags, work slower (due to folder tree could be unbalanced) and know nothing about smart playlists.

And no, there's a bunch of tools besides iTunes that cound transfer songs. Especially if he manually manages his music not relying on auto sync.