New Touch Won't Connect to Alpine stereo using Connex2Car iPod Cable

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RemmyZero, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RemmyZero

RemmyZero New Member

hey guys, i'm new to the forum here and just got a 2nd Gen iPod touch as a late xmas gift last weekend. i tried searching for an answer all over the net and haven't gotten anything so here's my question:

i have an older Alpine head unit and i bought a Connex2Car cable from best buy to connect to the AiNet input. i used the iPod connector to connect to my girlfriend's last gen nano and everything worked fine, then i plugged in my touch and nada. for now i have defaulted to using the included 3.5mm connection jack but i would like to use a higher quality connection. has anyone run into a similar issue where your touch would not output to a car stereo?

i ran diagnostics on iTunes and supposedly everything is fine. the cable appears fine since it works with the other iPod my gf has. any ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

~Bob
  2. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the connector on the ipod touch 2g is not backwards compatible with connections like that
  3. RemmyZero

RemmyZero New Member

ah, well that sucks for me then. i'll have to complain to the manufacturer since they claim it is compatible. i guess i'll start searching for an Alpine manufactured cable that works with the touch.

i could have sworn i saw on the net that other people were using this with the 2nd gen touch but maybe i misread it.

thanks for the help!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    just an update for anyone who needs to know...

i emailed the people at Peripheral and they informed me i needed the version of this cable that is tagged with a "V2" sticker for it to work with the 2G touch. i will have to start hunting for one i guess. fyi.