New Touch owner; looking for content management solution

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrDetermination, Aug 26, 2009.

1. MrDetermination

MrDetermination New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,

The 32GB Touch is my first apple product since the iPod video. It came from the store today with 2.2.1 on board and they want me to pay for firmware that has been out since before date of purchase. What a crock. I have not updated the device or done anything with it yet.

I use many machines, Windows, BSD and Linux. I have a big ass file server and no desire to limit myself to to managing my Touch through one machine. In fact, I often reformat so it isn't even like I can say "I will only want to dock my Touch to machines 1, 2 and 3".

I am not opposed to jailbreaking but I would like to be able to use legit iPhone apps even once 3.1 is released (in addition I would love to check out and use Cydia). I have plenty of content on my old device to catch up on so it isn't like I NEED to use the Touch in the next few days.

I don't need my music library information backed up. I'm not that dependent on playlists or ratings. I just want a way to get music on and off the Touch which will not interfere with my ability to interact with the app store from the device.

Is there a solution for me?
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    select "manually manage music and videos" in itunes
    or something like that
  3. MrDetermination

MrDetermination New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

"I use many machines, Windows, BSD and Linux. I have a big ass file server and no desire to limit myself to to managing my Touch through one machine."

Floola runs cross platform, from the iPod Video. Rock Box makes it work like an external drive.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone, anyone... Bueller, Bueller?