New Touch-owner - app-related questions

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by skibbe, Jun 18, 2009.

1. skibbe

skibbe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys!

I bought my first ever iPod touch yesterday, and after playing around with it for a few hours it's safe to say it won't be the last. I'm addicted.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have, however, a few questions I'd like to have answered (I'll have a look around the FAQ so that I'll avoid starting off on the wrong foot in here.

Anyway, here are my questions;

1) I'm starting university come August, and I'd like to hear personal experiences on using the Touch as a disk for reports and stuff. I've read a fair bit about apps that make it possible to synch documents wirelessly through WiFi - but just how stable and dependable are these apps? And which one is the best?

2) As a new Touch owner, what apps would you personally say that I simply HAVE to install? I'd love something to log my jogging/gym-progress as well as a cookbook - and then something silly to keep me occupied.

OH, and additionally:
    3) What calendar-software (for Windows Vista) would you guys recommend for synching up with my Touch?

Thanks!

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1. I wouldn't rely on your iPod to store data like that. For one, it doesn't have a disk mode like other iPod (can't function like a flash drive). There some apps that offer storage, (I think), but your best bet it to buy a few cheap flash drives.

2. "MUST-HAVE" apps vary person to person. Facebook, Twitterfon, AIM, and NYTimes, are most important to me, next to Mail.

3. You should be able to sync Windows Calendar and Outlook (and others, but I am not a Windows user)
  3. skibbe

skibbe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your quick reply

I'll look in to the first two questions (I'd still love seconds opinions though), but on the third one I have a comment;
    iTunes, on the info tab of my iPod, says "No supported calendar-program was found" - I have Windows Calendar installed and that's it. A free solution would be much appreciated.

4. busterke

busterke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe you could use google calendar?
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry about that. Once again, I am not a Windows user.