New touch, new user

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rmongey, Oct 21, 2007.

1. rmongey

rmongey New Member

Howiya,
    Getting a touch on Tuesday when a family friend arrives home from the US. This will be my very first ipod so im just wondering can anybody advise me on what programmes i need(for converting vids.....) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! already have i tunes downloaded!

Rory

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Are you planing to jailbreak it?
  3. rmongey

rmongey New Member

yes after i read up about it and firstly getta grip of the touch!(sorting out my music nd so on)
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

Welcome to the forums dude! we all higly encourage you to jailbreak your ipod to unleash its full potential! join the fan club!
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I suggest Jailbreaking before adding music. Then if you mess up, and have to restore you dont have to worry about losing all your music.
  6. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

I agree with collateral. i added tons of music/vids on my ipod touch then screwed up jailbraking after all my media was organized... had to re-do everything X_X
  7. rmongey

rmongey New Member

ok lads thanks 4 the tip.... now what 1st in terms of jailbreaking can ne body give me a link or direction
  8. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

There's a lot of variations out there but I went with Touchfree. I kept an eye on a lot of threads and the problems reported with various methods. I was satisfied that people were getting the appropriate results with Touchfree. I downloaded it, followed the instructions to the letter and, as a result, the touch worked perfectly from the first minute it was opened up and I've been installing and uninstalling apps at will. It's been perfect.

As per the Readme with touchfree suggests I'm using WinSCP to transfer files and chmod them. It's been nothing but easy and perfect. I can't thank the author enough for the work he put into this method.

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/
  9. Jess

Jess Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  10. RetepNamenots

RetepNamenots New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

However, the touchfree way is much easier. (I completely bricked my Touch following his instructions

).

To convert DVDs, you'll want DVD Decoder and Videora iPod Touch Converter. Both are freeware, and there's a tutorial here:

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/guide/dvd-to-ipod/

Oh by the way, if this is your first iPod, and you don't have a case, start out expecting it to scratch. Because it will.