New Touch in the mail and I have no experience with ipods..Can you answer a few...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jiggageazy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jiggageazy

jiggageazy New Member

First question is my wife has itunes and her video ipod on my computer. So can you have like multiple itunes accounts on one computer. She is using 1.3 version itunes that came on a disk with her ipod like 2 years ago. I'm going to be using my touch and I don't want her music and stuff. I got my own. lol how does that work.
    I want fireware 2.0 for my touch and I thought that it was already jailbroken. is that true? Can I only get apps that are uploaded into itunes from developers or is there another hack to get the good stuff. Like emulators. Can you use DS emulator or any emulators. Does it just use roms.
    Can I organized my non itunes files in folders. I have tons of pics, music, movies music videos and video clips. Like with pics, are they all just there or can I organize them for viewing in folders or something or with music videos and movies. Can I organized these to be in seperate library listings and stuff. I'm a freak when it comes to organizing. lol I have pics of my son, cars, family, girls, astromony blah blah that I would want seprete from eachother you know. So when I view pics I don't view pics and just have 500 random photos in a viewer without rthym or reason.

Does that make sence. lol Anyway I'm excited to get my touch and suggestions on apps or games that you guys really like. Any RTS games for touch? Thank you to everyone and anyone that can help answer some questions.
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    it does not come jailbroken. You have to do that. You can get apps from the Appstore. you can also get apps from something called Cydia or Installer when you jailbreak.

you need itunes version 7.7 or higher

DS emulator is not possible

the other emulators have not been ported to 2.0 yet.

to organize ur photos, put all the folders in one big folder.

hope i helped a little

Edit:

Some Games I Suggest From Appstore

1. Enigmo $9.99

2. Crash (dont have it, heard its good) $9.99

3. BeatMaker $19.99

4. Vay $4.99 (i think)

5. Myspace Mobile (Free, idk if u use myspace though lol. theres also Facebook app)
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Well put! agreed with him. If you want to jailbreak your ipod go to winpwn.com and download winpwn... then search here for a tutorial

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah
    WinPwn=for PC

Pwnage=Mac

5. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1. By simply having two separate computer accounts on Windows or Mac you can have separate iTunes libraries. I reccomend you update iTunes to latest version by the way.
    2. Use WinPwn (Windows) or Pwnage tool (Mac) to Jailbreak your 2.0 iPod touch (You will have to update itunes if you want FW2.0 however.) All emulators use a rom or disc image, there is no DS emulator from what I know. There is, Playstation, GBA, Sega Genesis, and NES if I remeber correctly. All work great but Playstation is a little laggy.
    3.You can organize your pics by separating them into different folders within the folder you chose to sync with your iPod. Just make a folder, put the pictures in, and sync and you are done.

Best of wishes for you, Congrats on your ipod touch purchase!
  6. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

oopsseesss forgot to say that

7. jiggageazy

jiggageazy New Member

thanks for the quick replies. Thank you very much. Is it jailbreak worth it. Are there alot of good games and apps. O.k. pics are sounding good. What about videos and movies and such. Will I basically be creating a bunch of playlists to organize those. Also I'm importing all my music from my computer. I honestly probably won't buy any music on itunes I have other means. So my music will won't be all nice and neat with album art and stuff like if I bought from itunes huh. Is there a way to add your own album art and info to music files? like I'm guess when I use that cool album selector that you cycle through on touch and you see that album covers and such like a rotating juke box mine will be a default pic and won't organize by artist and such because they are all downloaded mp3's or ripped music that I just named manually as .....Example "artist - song name.mp3" thank you so much for the help.
  8. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Videos cannot be separated in playlists. Jailbreaking may be worth it since apple doesn't give devs some funtions that jailbreaking gives. For albm art and stuff, right click on the song then select get info.
  9. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I suggest Vay as well. If you need any help with jailbreaking or anything let me know.

10. hooger

hooger Banned

I'd suggest Super monkey ball over enigmo.