New Touch - 1.1.1 What to do first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by crotalus99, Jan 25, 2008.

1. crotalus99

crotalus99 New Member

Hi,

I have read most of the sticky posts as well as others. With the new Jailbreak for 1.1.3 out I'm just not sure what to do first.

I got my touch in today and it has 1.1.1 firmware installed at the moment. Should I go ahead and upgrade to 1.1.3 and then sort out the jailbreak? Or should I jailbreak first.

Thanks for any advice.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well go ahead and jailbreak 1.1.1 just to get the feel for it, but don't add a lot of things, because you'll be doing it all over again for 1.1.3 when it comes out, so just jailbreak it mess with customize, do everything to it that you can SSH, add the BSD subsystem, put a terminal app, and well just play with it till 1.1.3 jailbreak comes out.
  3. SoapStar

SoapStar New Member

Hey, i agree ^

What ever you do dont try this current stupid jailbreak for 1.1.3. will only make you wish u never got the damn thing lol. Yeh go for 1.1.1 jailbreak and test it out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. morgoph

morgoph New Member

i dont have wifi to connect my ipod, how i can do?
    but i have a notebook win vista with wireless

i have 1.1.1 firmware

tkz
  5. MacBam

MacBam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  6. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i wont tell you how to do it,since you can use the search button which you shouldve done in the first place...but you have to turn on your wifi, and then make an aoc connection,so you can let your wifi card from your computer be a wifi hot spot
  7. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL he's funny,

Ok just go somewhere you can get free Wi-Fi, mostly downtown areas, or McDonalds if you don't have a credit card ask your mom and tell her while your there to activate it, its not hard.

Or...

Wait to jailbreak 1.1.3

or....

jailbreak 1.1.2 on computer.

or...

Depending on where you live, and the conditions (not snowing) walk around in your neighborhood to see how has a Wi-Fi hotspot, and stay there till you jailbreak 1.1.1.
  8. morgoph

morgoph New Member

i already try make a ad hoc connection with my pc and ipod but it gaves me a error "unable to connec to server"

i need to configure anythink on ipod?
    when i creat a ad hoc connection in my pc, my ipod recognize that new wifi connection but after i introduce a password in ipod to join in network, i went to safari click on a page.. and gaves me error..

someone can help me?
  9. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    well easy solution would be to buy a repeater for your wifi connection, but that would cost money.

I don't know about the hoc Connection, becuase I've never tried it. But hopefully soon, someone can help you! If you search on google.com or wikipedia.com, you might find your answer there.