New to this forum and have questions...pls

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amw1972, Nov 14, 2009.

1. amw1972

amw1972 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all, new here...I have several questions concerning multiple iPod touches on one PC...

My daughter will be receiving her iPod Touch this Xmas...and I'm wondering the following:

1) Can I sync her iPod Touch to my PC and my copy of iTunes without creating a new account (iTunes)?

2) Can I share any of my already purchased apps and sync them onto HER iPod Touch?

3) I have read somewhere that if I named her device exactly the same as mine that iTunes will think that they are the same device...is this true?

4) Will I be able to purchase apps for HER iPod from MY account using iTunes gift cards?

Thanks for any help...I'm trying to keep her from going crazy spending money in the iTunes store.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Yes, you have more than one iPod sharing the same PC and iTunes.

2. Yes, you can sync applications (free or purchased) to your daughter's iPod touch and your own.

3. No, that is not true. They have a different serial number / UDID / other info.

4. Yes, just plug in her iPod and open iTunes. Your iTunes account will automatically sync with her iPod and the next time you open the App Store on her iPod, it'll be signed in with your account and you can purchase applications / music / etc. using a gift card / credit card.
  3. amw1972

amw1972 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks...you made my day!

I was racking my brain thinking of HOW I can get her the games that she loves off of MY ipod. Now we can do that without spending money on the same apps!!