New to the whole thing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by idead, Oct 7, 2008.

1. idead

idead New Member

So i got a ipod 2g 32gb on release date.

One of the first things i wanted to do was get this installer app that i've been hearing since the conception of the iPhone.

long story short, i have no idea where to start. Apparently there is no installer app for the ipod 2g?? what is this cydia???

i want to customize my ipod but i just dont know where to start or how to do it, any help?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unfortunately my friend there is no jailbreak for the 2nd generation ipod touch as yet, as many threads here will testify. According to reports they are working on a hardware jailbreak at the moment, though this may involve opening up your device so you probably don't want to go down that path when and if it is officially announced. A software jailbreak may appear but doesn't look likely in the near term. So your stuck with an unjailbroken device and the appstore - but don't fret as you're not missing too much as there's lots of good apps on the appstore.

Cydia is another 'Installer' type application and is more stable for the f/w 2.* jailbreaks that the new Installer 4 though generally most people have both on their devices.

When a jailbreak for 2nd gen ipod touch is out it will be all over the forums so just keep popping back and checking the front page and the forums. In the mean time look around the forum and get used to the feel of the place so you can find this info yourself w/o opening a new thread.

(p.s. don't you just hate it when people rage on to search up! If you have time to write that in a thread then you have time to be helpful. Not everyone knows there way around the site.)
  3. idead

idead New Member

thanks. So basically im playing the waiting game..
  4. beebop

beebop New Member

'Fraid so my friend. There's always the app store for now though

Please Register or Log in to view images