New to the touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by projectrang, Mar 31, 2008.

1. projectrang

projectrang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm gettin the 8gb touch this friday, and i just been browsing the forums tryin 2 learn more about them. But, anyway it will be the 1.14 version and I am planning on using iliberty to jb it. As far as wat i hav read on the forums, iliberty has fewer problems and is actually easier to perform the jailbreak. Give me any suggestions bout the jailbreak issue and anything else i should know as a new touch user.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of All I would like to say Welcome and Be the first to congratulate you not getting a Zune.

With that said...

Download Ziphone to Downgrade from 1.1.4 Unless it works with iTunes It didn't work for me, I shall give you the link in a few, Just I need to find it.

And well the easy thing to do would be to downgrade to Firmware 1.1.1 and Jailbreak, or...

You can Use Ziphone and Restore your iPod a million times before getting it right.

Again welcome! and Anything else you need just PM me

Here is the link

http://download.ziphone.org/
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

I would definitely recommend using iLiberty+ over ZiPhone. Just make sure to restore to a fresh 1.1.4 using recovery mode and not DFU mode before jailbreaking.
  4. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch

Redshift has to know about that, So follow him, I've only used Ziphone once. For a little problem I have!
  5. projectrang

projectrang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, since i dont hav my touch yet, i wont b performing the jailbreak yet. but, when i get it, how do i enter recovery mode?
  6. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just hold both buttons the top one and the bottom one till it restarts once You see the Apple Logo keep on holding the home button and release the top button until you see the itunes logo.
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    He wont be needing to do that... since hes gettings a clean iPod.

Just plug in your iPod... open ZiPhone (Or iLiberty+) and just click jailbreak for iPod Touch. It will take about 3 Minutes or so, and dont worry about scrolling lines of text on your iPod, its just processes running and stuff...

Glad to know that your getting an iPod! Hope you have fun with it!

Also, if you need anymore help feel free on contacting me, il be glad to help!
  8. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah Ask us, because some people here would just tell you to search.