New to the Jailbreaking World

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by areed404, Aug 27, 2010.

1. areed404

areed404 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey Guys,
    So I'm running a 8gig 3rd gen ipod touch with firmware 3.1.2. I jailbroke it a few days ago with spirit and have messed around with it a little but I still need help!
    I already custumized it with winterboard and stuff, but any other must-have apps?
    Also, how do you back-up everything on your ipod?
    haha i know i sound like the noobiest noob ever, but please help!!
    Any other tips and trick would be much appreciated!!!!
  2. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Welcome!

BackUp: Go to iTunes (When Your iDevice is Plugged In) and Right click your iDevice in the column to the left. Click 'Back Up'

Must-Have Apps: SBSettings, Five Icon Dock, Five Column Springboard, Categories...

Oh! And just a tip: Don't talk about piracy here, just for future reference, lol, quite a few newbie's make that mistake.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. areed404

areed404 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    haha thanks man! and yeah i figured i'd have to tread carefully on that piracy subject!
    also when i back up on itunes will all my jailbreak stuff be there????
  4. iP0dT0uch1

iP0dT0uch1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Welcome to Multi-touch Fans! Be sure to read the rules ans search before you post!!
    A must have app for me is Activator, it lets you control your iPod in many different ways, check it out, you'll see what I mean. And definitely Cydelete, that lets you delete any Cydia app with an icon, just like a normal app store app, without having to go into Cydia!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nope, just music and apps etc. all non-jailbroken stuff
  5. areed404

areed404 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    will the jailbroken apps be there? sorry for the noobiness haha

haha nm saw the edited version of your ppost thanks!
  6. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, although getting aptbackup from Cydia gives you backup for jailbreak apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Some good ones are-Safari Download Plugin,iFile,SBSettings,MakeItMine,Afc2add,gpsphone,Circuitous or Proswitcher+Backgrounder,Categories+CategoriesSB,FontSwap,iBlank,PogoPlank & There's a cool theme called Zune HD By Appman in the realease section.
    Also welcome to the Multi-Touch Forums!
    Oh, and if you don't have wifi, your gonna want afc2add and iFunbox. You can use iFunbox on the computer to put themes/deb. Files. Ummmm... I was gonna put up a link to a place where you can get deb. Files... But, I dunno if it's allowed. But it's not piracy,it only has the free stuff, and it dosent even have all of them. Oh, and deb files you put in var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall on your iPod thru iFunbox for automated package install.
    Oh, and if you don't have wifi, your gonna want afc2add and iFunbox. You can use iFunbox on the computer to put themes/deb. Files. Ummmm... I was gonna put up a link to a place where you can get deb. Files... But, I dunno if it's allowed. But it's not piracy,it only has the free stuff, and it dosent even have all of them. Oh, and deb files you put in var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall on your iPod thru iFunbox for automated package install.
  8. areed404

areed404 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch