New to the ipod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kizrath, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Kizrath

Kizrath New Member

Currently I'm using the 16gb touch for music, but would like to use it for more then music, I've seen vids on voip with the touch.. but still a bit confused.

Do i have to jailbreak it to use bluetooth adapter with a mic?

also a few others.. How can i add games/apps, do i also have to jailbreak it as well?
  2. Fire-Coon

Fire-Coon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes. try reading this forum or search jailbreak on youtube and you'll see what you have to do.
  3. KingCathcart

KingCathcart New Member

I think the VoIP is still proof of concept at the moment and requires a jailbroken touch and a home made adapter with a wired mic, although I haven't checked up on it in a while. The touch doesnt have a Bluetooth chip so there is no way it will work with a bt headset.

There is plenty on this forum to help you get more from the touch, including apps, jailbreaking and much more. The stickys are always a good place to start.
  4. link_08

link_08 New Member

there is a 50 50 posibility that the touch has an bluethoo chip, since there are a lot of unknown chips inside of it, and i saw somwhere sombody saying the ipod touc has one but apple does not has the right to eactivate it yet and thats why the first presentation came with and bliethoo carries image but still no confirmation, and yeap dude u need to have a jailbroken ipod touch to install sip voip. and buy a working mic, there are some of them working without costumization.