New to the "i" world, please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by myipodtouch7, Jun 20, 2008.

1. myipodtouch7

myipodtouch7 New Member

Hi guys,

So I have been assigned to jailbreak a iPod Touch by a friend. Thing is, I don't even know what that is. I tried looking around to see if I can answer some questions myself and found nothing.

I want to know what are the benefits of jailbreaking a Touch. What will I loose if I don't? Any proven methods to jail break an iPod Touch? Been hearing a lot of crashing, system errors, etc. Thanks in advance!
  2. myipodtouch7

myipodtouch7 New Member

I would just like to add that it's version 1.1.4. I updated it yesterday!
  3. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Click on the first link in my sig. Everything you need to know right there
  4. myipodtouch7

myipodtouch7 New Member

That was great. Lots of information. So to see if I got it right, I can not install third party applications (games) unless the iPot is jailbroken? And the best method (safest) to jailbreak one is using Liberty+?

Am I right?
  5. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used ZiPhone to jailbreak mine, it's relatively quick. You just click a button, wait for a few seconds, and it's done.
  6. myipodtouch7

myipodtouch7 New Member

Truthfully, I am just worried that I will end up destroying this thing and I don't want to owe someone $400.
  7. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    now what you say to them is,

Good luck jailbreakin your friends ipot.. i used ziphone its simpilar, and theres alot of good guides around to use it, i think jpga has one. thats not his full username, i just forget the numbers
  8. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    u can always restore an ipod touch. Just I advise beginners to avoid winpwn. We will be here to help u if u run into any problems.
  9. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I recommend pm-ing jpga13. He's got a fantastic guide that has helped countless people.
  10. myipodtouch7

myipodtouch7 New Member

Guys I tried using Liberty but here is what happened:

It tells me to disconnect the iPot then re-connect and press OK when I am done. Thing is when I click OK, iTunes pops up, screws up everything and Liberty says disconnected. On the iPot, it says pass 2 skipped.

I tried closing iTunes and it did not work. How would I know if this thing worked or not?

**Forgot to add: If I ever have to restore, would I have to jailbreak again? Thanks