New to the forum - Needd help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kakee, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Kakee

Kakee New Member

Hi friends

I have recently purchased ipod touch, I need info on the following as I could not get from online manual and even details displayed in "help" on the itunes is not woking some how:

1. Creating folders - i created folders under playlist and wanted to drag files from the music library to the pointed folders as directed by "help", it is not working.

2. There is just one option in itunes (drop down menu) to convert audio file type to AAC, where can I convert into mp3?

3. Videos - Using "advanced" drop down menu, I converted a DAT video file into ipod compatible form, it worked but there is no more audio in there.

4. In the itunes library, where can I place photos as there is no folder.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your assistance.
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1. I don't understand what you mean.

2. iTunes only converts it so it's compatible with your device. So it won't convert it into anything else. Basically, you should find another seperate program for comverting files.

3. I also suggest another convertor.

4. You don't put photos in your library. You can sync them to your device by clicking on the device in iTunes then clicking on the Photos tab. The rest should be easy.

ALSO, welcome to the site!
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPodTouchFans. Atl answered your questions above, just wanted to add on to #2.

2. iTunes songs are DRM protected; and they don't want you converting them into .mp3 files because you can then use them on any MP3 player; and share your music easily. MP3 is the most common file extension for songs, so they want to keep them in iPod format only. But, if you use a program such as SoundTaxi, you can "strip the DRM" and convert them to .mp3 format. But, I shouldn't be discussing this here, so I'll leave it at that.
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    welcome to the forums hope you enjoy it
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I just realized you said "Hi friends" and thought that was pretty funny.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Welcome to IPTF:
    For #3:
    Convert videos to MPEG-4(MP4) with a video converter(freeware will do, google is your friend).
  7. austinchicken

austinchicken New Member

Sorry I don't have one but I still post. Please don't be angry anybody anyway.