New to site - new to iPod - new to Apple inc

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by JohnFJ, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JohnFJ

JohnFJ New Member

Recently my HP iPAQ PDA took a tumble when I was on an excercise machine and the screen is smashed and (being a touch screen) the unit is now unusable. I was shown the iPod Touch by a friend and it looked a very handy device to have. After doing a bit of research and joining this site, it seems that the Touch is not really a PDA replacement. Is that so? For example, it doesn't have a spreadsheet utility, nor indeed any Office-type functions other than a calendar. Can anyone confirm it owuld be useable like a PDA?
  2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

there are really no office applications for it. its more of an entertainment device. there is a calendar and a few other applications that could somewhat compare to a pda but not many.
  3. mlwiekel

mlwiekel New Member

well. There are apps that you can get at the app store that allows you. To view the files that are on your computer and be able to edit those document from any where. There is one that actually puts your computer in hand @ any time as long as you have Internet. It's so cool, your desk top appears on your iphone and you. Can use any program that is on your computer through your iPhone or iPod touch.
  4. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are some applications in the app store that are free, and make your iPod "like" a PDA, just search.
  5. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Air Sharing allows you to view quite a bit of different files.
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can view excel, word, and powerpoint files that are emailed to you.
  7. ebragging

ebragging New Member

well the ipod is worth it there are many apps that can be put onto it that make it just like a pda. like intelliscreen which is like the blackberry
  8. engineers

engineers New Member

If you go to google docs you can create all office formats online with your gmail account and then dl them
  9. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

apple is awesome i luv it
  10. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am also waiting for an Office suite. Until there is a way to edit documents the Ipod touch is a toy, a very nice one, but a toy.