New to jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ralphmori78, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Ralphmori78

Ralphmori78 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I have a second generation itouch with a 2.2.1 firmare installed. I use windows with vista. I tried using rednow to jailbreak. I downloaded redsnow and put my itouch in dfu mode, I opened redsnow while in dfu mode and my itouch started to dowload all of the programs. It seems like it downloaded everything but then the apple logo shows up and gets stuck there.

What am I doing wrong? Should I use a computer with XP?

Anyhow, I had to restore my ipod because it was stuck at the apple logo. But I would like to try it again.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Never tried Vista but have never failed with redsn0w on XP. One issue might be that you're not following the on screen prompts. I know that when you fire up redsn0w you have to point it to the 3.0 ipsw, hit ok, let it process the file, hit ok again and the next screen specifically states to make sure your iPod is OFF and plugged in before proceeding to where you actually put it into DFU mode...not be in DFU mode 'already'. Just a suggestion.
  3. ipodmanager99

ipodmanager99 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi If you want i can send you the program that you need to jailbreak ipod touch 2g with the firmware 2.2.1. i can send you the program and if you want i can send you the update 3.0 or 2.2.1 with it.

Good Luck
    If you need anything else just contact me as i should be able yo help you always!

IPODMANAGER99 vinny.seigerschmidt@gmail.com
  4. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    use redsn0w .3 for 2.2.1 or upgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n
  5. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Best thing to do is upgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n.
    Easiest jailbreak since jailbreakme.com