New To Jailbreaking ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoeTheIpod, May 23, 2009.

1. JoeTheIpod

JoeTheIpod New Member

Im going to get an ipod 2g in a few days but im woundering how to jailbreak it.
    Can some give me a link to the safest and easyist (spelt wrong) way to jail break.
    Also here are a few quetions?
    What is cydia?
    Does it matter what thing u use to jailbreak and can you get all the themes even if you use a certain thing to jailbreak?
    What are the risks?
    Could my compter get viruses?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey and welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

1) Visit www.redsn0w.com to download a tool to jailbreak your iPod, the steps are easy enough, everything is explained

2)Cydia is like the app store for jailbroken apps, most things are free but there is a couple of things you'll have to pay for if you want them

3)No, it doesn't matter what tool you use to jailbreak, you end up at the same place with them

4)There are practically no risks whatsoever, and if you do mess the process up somehow, things can easily be fixed with a restore in iTunes. You will lose your warrenty when you jailbreak, but this again can be reinstated with a quick restore, apple will have no idea you jailbroke

5)If you download the tool from the website I linked you to, there is no chance your computer could get a virus, the people that made the tool are 100% reliable and wouldn't harm your computer