New to Jailbreaking and Patching the iTouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jkb242, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkb242

jkb242 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I recently jailbroke my iTouch 3G 8g model with the latest version of Black rain. It worked nicely--and it was fast!

I have installed several [banana]s from the newsgroups and they all installed and worked fine. I have installed Cydia and aptbackup but I am really confused about what is actually backed up and what is not.

I did not get any apps from Cydia so I am wondering should I power down my iTouch and have to rerun black rain, will the [banana]s get re-installed?

Aptbackup seems to be described to back up only apps from Cydia, is that true?
    All I did to install the[banana]s I got from the newsgroups was to double click on the [banana] which launched iTunes where installation was performed completely by iTunes.

What is the difference in getting the apps from Cydia, many of their apps cost as much as iTunes???? What's the point in a jailbroken device if you have to pay to get the apps from Cydia??

Much thanks for answers to the questions above!

Great group and lots of good information.
  2. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Here are the Rules. Please read them before asking for help with cracked apps.
  3. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    good bye my man next time read the rules
  4. Demonik

Demonik New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sometimes you may need to respring for an app to appear. That had to be done for WinterBoard to appear for me. If that doesn't work, check Cydia to make sure the package was downloaded and installed.
  5. jkb242

jkb242 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Some how my post violates the rules. Sorry but I read them and I could find no violation. Some type of reference to the particular infraction would have been more valuable to all.

Can you please point out to me what rule I violated??

I don't think that is asking too much.
  6. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    # The posting or discussion of illegal or pirated material

First of all, to avoid any confusion JAILBREAKING IS NOT ILLEGAL AND MAY BE DISCUSSED. That's the point of this site!

That being said, our forum has always been appreciative and supportive of the work of independent commercial developers and development firms, and copyright holders in general. As such, we do not allow the posting or discussion of any material which is illegal or pirated.

This includes:

1. Posting or discussing about cracked applications (including patched MobileInstallation)
    2. Posting or discussing links to websites facilitating the cracking or sharing of cracked applications
    3. Posting serial numbers
    4. Posting about/where to get ROMs / bios files. Emulators themselves are legal, but the actual ROMs and/or BIOS files are not.
    5. Copyrighted code or other works. This includes modified IPSWs and paid firmware upgrades

Just to be clear, even discussing piracy may result in disciplinary action.

Furthermore, anything that is illegal by United States and/or California law may not be discussed. This includes:

1. Illegal drugs
    2. Fraud (for example, how to break your iPod so that you can return it for an exchange)
  7. jkb242

jkb242 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Immature or obscene comments
    Demonik,

Thanks for your answer---the only one I received other than the pathetic warning that I broke some kind of rule which neither person who responded bothered to reference.

Thanks again!
  8. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey, pathetic human, expect to get banned in a matter of hours.
    Nice knowing you. Next time read the rules, and don't call the people who are you are asking for help pathetic.
    Bye again!
  9. jkb242

jkb242 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well it indeed it seems from my reading of the posts, there are lots of violations in fact the specific name of this group in part is "jailbroken Ipod" with the obvious implication of obtaining/cracking or features for free which are otherwise sold by Apple---is it not? At least that is what it appears to me but prehaps I am missing something but I think I'm pretty much on target here. And I am also completely confused about any rules I may have broken or the ones that seems to carry more weight than others. It's my intention to break none of them, again, maybe if you could state the specifics where I am violation, that may allow me to be refrain from any future infractions.

Much thanks!
  10. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Pretty hard to understand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.