new to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by james_park617890, Dec 15, 2007.

1. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    hi i am new to ipod touch..well apple product in general lol..this is my first ipod ever!

anyways..i was reading the forum and noticed a lot of complaints from people who's ipod touch has been frozen, stuck, bricked, or in some other kind of trouble. this kind of worries me because my previous mp3, a sony one, have been fine without a single problem in the last two years i have been using it.

so i am wondering..are these problems common among ipod touch, or only on those that have been jailbroken? if those problems occur to mainly jailbroken ones, i'm glad cuz i will not be jailbreaking mine. i will be getting mine sometime around christmas. will they have solved majority of the problems by then??

thanks for any help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    its glitchy overall...if you dont like the jailbreaking thing because it doesnt perform to your standards,you can always restore it and go back to its orginial state
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Well, to begin with you can't brick a Touch. Even if you mess up completely you can still force restore mode and restore from iTunes.

Generally speaking though almost all of the problems you read about are from various misbehaving apps after being Jailbroken -- or in some cases user error. Unjailbroken the touch performs just fine -- at least I've heard very few complaints from people using the Touch without having jailbrioken it. You should be just fine.
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I agree with Mindfield - their either bad applications or "A Loose Nut behind the Keyboard (User Error)".

Rule #1 - Don't install every application that comes out - you don't need them all
    Rule #2 - If you don't know what a file does, DON'T delete it