New to iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChevyPanel52, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ChevyPanel52

ChevyPanel52 New Member

Just got a new iPod Touch 8gb. New to this technology. The thing came with NO instructions. How do I work this thing? Is there a way to read the instructions posted on Apple.com without Adobe Reader? Can the Touch be used without iTunes? Have downloaded the latest versions of both Adobe Reader and iTunes, but both jam my PC computer, have removed and reloaded several times. Maybe these things only work off Mac computers? I thought Apple technology was supposed to be easy!
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You must first set-up your touch with itunes before using it...
    Then add music or go as you please
  3. ChevyPanel52

ChevyPanel52 New Member

Cant' get iTunes to work, that's why I inquired if there was another way. Nice Car btw.
  4. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not to begin with sorry that is the only way...
    Dont install Adobe... just itunes...
    thnx for the car
  5. ChevyPanel52

ChevyPanel52 New Member

SO how do I connect this thing?
    Where do I put batteries and what size does it take?
    How do you use one of these? How do you turn it on? I found a button but nothing happens.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apple's Support staff are absolutely NO help !!!

((( Throwing arms up in frustration )))

One simple piece of paper on Apple's part would REALLY help, I know all you iPod fans out there love these things and know exactly how they work, but us newbies are like totally LOST !
  6. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok.... You cant be serious about the batteries.....
    On the other hand... I would suggest a google search on how to use it or even a cnet review
  7. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    For long long time, apple always used intgrated batteries... Then why do you have a ipod touch or buy it? Or you can just ask the staff at the apple store
  8. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. ChevyPanel52

ChevyPanel52 New Member

iPod Touch Frustrations continue ...

Thanks for the link to the manual, for some reason, using Adobe Reader freezes my computer, yes, I've installed the latest version and gotten numerous "fixes" from Adobe for the stupid bugs in the latest version of the reader. Is there a non-pdf version of the instructions available.
    As I cannot "power up" the iPod Touch, I assumed that it might have needed batteries. If there is a battery installed, how is it charged? There is a slot in the bottom for a plug, what do I plug into this? No cables or plugs of any sort in the box. "WikiPedia" states that an iPod Touch must be connected to a computer for set-up, again, no cables supplied or instructions on how to do it.
    Bought this online through the Apple Store, the nearest physical Apple Store is 1 1/2 hours away. I am about ready to return it for a refund.
  10. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow... no cables?? weird.... There should be a white cable that connects from the big hole of the ipod in the bottom to the USB port on the computer... If you dont have that then definetly make it to an apple store to at least get that from them...