New to Ipod Touch with some questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by airconvent, Jul 17, 2010.

1. airconvent

airconvent New Member

Hi everyone,
    Just got my Ipod Touch 8GB a week ago.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Have some questions here :

1. System hang. The Ipod screen frozed suddenly while i was reading the BBC news and pressing all the buttons including the power button for 5 secs did not seem to do anything. In anycase, i can't shut it down at all. Luckily, after 5 minutes, it mysteriously rebooted and was back to normal. Anyone can share how i can force a hard reset when this happens again?

2. Playing videos. I synced an mpg file into the Ipod but it failed to display because "file not compatible". i have some avi movie files. How can i sync it into my ipod?

Thanks in advance.

2. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1. home and power at the same time

2. miles per gallon? No lol. it needs to be .mp4
  3. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Welcome! To answer the first question, if the iPod "hangs" like you mentioned, hold the power and home buttons together until you see an apple logo. It will take a while to boot up though. I can't answer the 2nd question though, sorry. Try using a converter?
    Enjoy your new iPod touch as well

EDIT: ninja'd.
  4. airconvent

airconvent New Member

Thanks. That was quick! I presume the home and power button is still software based? If the system hang, would it work? For my previous PocketPC, we had this hardware button to press that actually send a reset signal to the CPU.

Do you have any preferred freeware software that converts other file formats to mp4? Any special setting needed for mp4?

Another question if you don't mind. I purchased some apps from my ipod itunes but after syncing, it does not show up on my desktop itunes under "purchased". Does this mean whatever I purchase stays in the medium I bought from (i.e. desktop to desktop and ipod to ipod) ?

Thanks

------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Moved from Pocketpc. Still learning to do things differently.

5. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    First the buttons are the top button you press to turn the screen off and the second one is the one you use to get to your apps. EDIT: sorry did not get what you were saying. Ya Apple most likely has an if code say if these buttons are press and if it is for this long turn off the iPod do this (turn off)

Then the thing with iTunes it only shows Music, Movies, TV Shows, and books you buy not apps because some people have like 950 apps on their computer (me). And no you can see all the apps you have gotten on you pc or iPod under apps on the left under Books.

Hope this helps
  6. airconvent

airconvent New Member

Apologies for the late reply as I was away from the forum.
    Thanks for the help, half-life!