New to ipod touch. help wanted on installing applications etc. starting from basics.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leesy79, Dec 12, 2007.

1. leesy79

leesy79 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Hiya, i have recently got an ipod touch, looking for help or guidance on how to put applications on there and what i can actually have on my touch, just looked at downloading a thems, but i drew a blank how do i get to put files in directories etc, any and all help greatly appreciated.

i gota start with basics this my first ipod. please help
  2. spinner

spinner New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    First of all, if your itouch has 1.1.1 firmware don't upgrade. These instructions only work with 1.1.1 If you have 1.1.2, search this forum for downgrading 1.1.2 instructions. Using safari on your itouch, go to scroll down to the bottom and tap "install appsnapp". Your safari screen should crash back to the icon springboard. After a few seconds, on your springboard it will say downloading files, then unziping files and installing files. Then it should ask you to reboot your ipod. Hold the power button until the slide to power off thing comes up then power off. Wait a few seconds untill it's completely shut down, then turn it back on. After everything loads, you should see a new icon! Click on it and look at all the cool stuff you can install! Pm me for the questions your bound to have. (especialy when you see the gameboy advance emulater =) )
  3. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    after you jailbreak you ipod , then " READ" the how-to-guides in this forum. Thats all the help you need my friend.

1. Read
    2. Jailbreak ipod
    3. Read some more
    4. Add repositories from the list
    5. Read again on which apps. work and don't work
    6. Add apps.
    8. And enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh I forgot, check out ipotouchmasters video on youtube. This helps alot if you can't understand what you read. (Im not being sarcastic, its the truth , we are all human , we make mistakes , we are all noobs because we are forever learning.) Peace !!!!