New to Ipod Touch 2G! Please help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tonycfc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. tonycfc

tonycfc New Member

I just got my ipod touch 2g yesterday and it is a great device! love it so much!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now I want to jailbreak my device but there are too many software for jailbreaking and dont know which one is "better, easy to use, and 100% works". my ipod touch is v2.2.1 so can someone explain which software is great?

Also, i have some questions to ask too...

1. what happen if i fail the jailbreak? will it become "brick" like the Nintendo Wii?
    2. how to remove the jailbreak? do i do a factory reset or something?
    3. is there anything that I wont be able to do after i jailbroke it? (e.g. device software update)

thanks
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Use redsn0w 0.3 beta. Two step jailbreak and you don't lose any information.

1. No. Not possible to brick it unless you are trying to dual boot and mess up a partition, or whatever.
    2. DFU shift click restore.
    3. No. Except maybe use your ipod for as long of a time because some apps kill battery life.
  3. tonycfc

tonycfc New Member

thanks! i just found out that many people use cydia so should i use it? which 3rd party apps provides the most software for ipod touch?
  4. el_el

el_el New Member

Hey...
    I jailbroke my iPod two days ago, so I'm a n00b to all things jailbreak as well....
    Now - cydia comes with the jailbreak, so everyone's using it. As far as I can
    tell cydia does link to some other repositories, like ispazio et al, so in a way you are using other "stores" already just by using cydia...

All in all.... this just rocks.... can't imagine having lived through the times before jailbreak.... You should have seen the smile on my face when I realized what I suddenly was able to do with my beloved "BrainPal".

Just go for it, jailbreak it, cydia it... and enjoy

Cheers, the el