Release NEW Star Trek lCARS Theme for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by deleted account, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi geeks!

Well, I suppose you are a geek - otherwise: why so interested?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've made a new Categories-based Star Trek lCARS theme for the iPod Touch (1.1.4). In order to get it working on your Touch you need at least the following apps installed:

-Customize 2.0
    -Categories 1.72
    -SummerBoard 3.2
    -OpenSSH

NOTICE: This theme has been specifically customized to work with the apps I have on MY OWN iPod. In order to customize it for YOUR specific needs you will have to change

-the background and default graphics of the respective Categories
    -(if neccessary) the order/location of your applications' icons.

If you like MY selection of apps (txt-file "Apps" in this thread's attachment) and if you don't bother having exactly the same, than INSTALLATION WILL BE VERY EASY

The theme is not (yet) available via Installer, but you can download it using this link:

http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/125483855/iCARS.rar (Password: summerboard)

Video Tutorials:

--> Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/1244581

--> YouTube (Part 1 of 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4y4Rd8QGLI
    --> YouTube (Part 2 of 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9yz0N9lJAE

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO WATCH THE TUTORIAL ON VIMEO, BECAUSE QUALITY AND RESOLUTION ARE MUCH BETTER!

A video in TOP QUALITY will be uploaded to [PIRACY.rs] very soon!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I forgot to mention some important settings for Categories v.1.72 in my Video Tutorial! Make sure to apply the following settings in Categories v1.72:

-Allow Hide Icons [Enabled]
    -Use Background Img [Enabled]
    -Left-Right Scrolling [Disabled]
    -Hide Last Row [Disabled]
    -Title At Bottom [Enabled]
    -Hide Title [Enabled]
    -Hide Icon Titles [Enabled]
    -Rubberbanding [Disabled]
    -Summerboard Themes [Enabled]

If your respective Categories-Screens show messed-up background images, just make sure to have those settings applied and just re-do the steps for copying the background images to /private/var/mobile/Library/Categories (watch Video Tutorial for more detailed information on this). After that, restart SpringBoard via SMBPrefs. Lock your iPod Touch and slide to unlock --> EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FINE NOW

Here some preview images from my iPod Touch:

P.S.: Of course the Unlock/Slider Screen of the downloadable Theme does not show "DJ ONION'S IPOD"! Instead the text will now be "THE ICARS COMPUTER NETWORK".

Attached Files:

2. Important Notice!

I forgot to mention that this theme actually does not have any icons!

It works by replacing the applications' icons with transparent ones, so that you basically tap "through" them onto the "icons" which actually are part of the respective background image.

DON'T FREAK OUT IF THE THEME SEEMS TO HAVE WIPED OUT ALL YOUR APPLICATIONS! I DOES NOT AND CANNOT HAVE DONE THAT BY ANY MEANS! IT HAS JUST MADE THE ICONS INVISIBLE IN ORDER TO CLEAR THE VIEW ONTO THE BACKGROUND IMAGES!

So if you want to customize this theme for your personal needs, you will have to modify the background images (instead of changing any icon-png-file).
  3. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

look awesome, keep up the good work!
  4. Thx!

Right now I am working on a release via Installer

P.S.:

Just got a p.m. from someone having trouble with a seemingly broken rar-file. I tested the download just a minute ago - it works. Unpacking with winRAR worked without any problems. Password: summerboard
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Uhm sorry to maybe sound like a jerk, but if you install it before seeing the icon looks.... wont that mess up everything because you cant see it?
  6. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

testing it tomorrow!
  7. No, it will definitely not mess everything up, because with installing my theme (Watch the Video Tutorial!) you do not replace your icons with mine unless you enable this function in SMBprefs! And even if you enable this function, no icons will be replaced - Summerboard just temporarily puts them as some kind of "layer" onto them. All icons which may accidently "disappear" can be easily restored by deleting my theme from your iPod Touch (same way as you got it copied onto it).

Nothing CAN be "messed up" before selecting my theme in SMBPrefs.
    So just make sure that you have "Use Theme Icons" disabled in order to re-position your icons into the right order first.

Hey - I got this working. You will, too

8. fastwhiteguy

fastwhiteguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    just put it on my itouch, it works great and i love it
  9. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i think you should just take the icons from the wallpaper and set them to be real icons
  10. fastwhiteguy

fastwhiteguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    naw no icons is way cooler kinda cleaner look, but it would be nice to reorganize ur icons with out the background messing up. guess either way it looks good lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.