**New** Simple Reboot Program for Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0xjf, Feb 5, 2009.

1. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    **New** Simple Reboot Program for Mac. **N00B FRIENDLY!**

deleted
  2. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Bug: do script "cd ~/Desktop/rslite" You need to set that to the relative path of the application.

Also its illegal to distribute the firmware files.

Be aware that the delays will not be long enough in some cases. I have rebooted my ipod plenty of times to know that sometimes it takes longer to initialize iBSS.

If you need help let me know, I developed Redsn0w Lite Boot Launcher for mac.
  3. MuscleNerd

MuscleNerd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's wonderful that people are writing scripts around our executable "rslite". Really it is.

But why are you then claiming copyright over the entire package? We retain the copyright to rslite, which is inside the package. Also that pineapple image is copyrighted too.

If people deliberately confuse our redsn0w lite stuff with their own, there won't be an untethered release. Because (a) then it becomes a support nightmare to separate our stuff from others (b) it shows bad will on your part.

Please don't reuse our pineapple image, please don't claim copyright over our program, and please don't call your tools redsn0w or redsn0w lite.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    good point, i'll be sure to edit that right away. you should post a new thread with what you just typed. because i'm not the only one you should be talking to haha. i'll change the icon as well. sorry.
  5. MuscleNerd

MuscleNerd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks!

I try to point it out once in a while but if I say it too much I look mean or something. I'm not trying to be mean at all

Trying to avoid confusion with newbies mostly!
  6. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    haha alright sounds good!

i uploaded the "new version" haha and i fixed the problem mentioned by the guy who posted the first reply to this thread. and also, i changed the icon and the pop up message at the beginning. (full credit to the iphone dev team)

the post is updated now ^^^^^

is it alright now ? =)
  7. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not to sound like a prick or anything, but what's the difference between this and the script made be Exosion/my mod?
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138117 (my mod here)

I've opened them both up and they use the same variable names (thePath, theError) and share a few words from the credits and other areas in the script. I honestly think this is a complete ripoff of Exosion's script and my mod of it.

Next time, please give credit to the people you took your work off of and this script is useless anyways since an almost identical one already exists.
  8. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well you certainly are bad at not trying to sound like a prick.

anyways, like i said in my post, this script could be written by anyone in their sleep. it's not a program, it's just a script telling terminal to enter commands. and i searched the forum for the program that i based it off of (i had deleted it) and i couldn't find it. i figured that they took it off for some reason. but anyone could have made this, and i offer support at the end.
  9. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah Exosion/I offer support too (6 page thread anyone?)
    Plus, I agree that this is a script that anyone can make, but no one needs to use the exact variables and some words that are alike. I mean that's just either a HUGE coincidence that you thought of the same words and same delays as the original author or you copy pasted things.

And you saying "i searched the forum for the program that i based it off of (i had deleted it) and i couldn't find it. i figured that they took it off for some reason." just says that you based the script of ours and "searched the forum" for it and thought we had deleted it but the thread is still there with links to both versions of the script.

Also for people who have never opened up both in Script Editor before:

10. fatalz

fatalz New Member

amazing its good for me !!! thanks to much!!!