New Safari Exploit = jailbreakme.com for 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Winterboard, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

And you know what means, don’t you? New firmware soon! Well, not necessarily, but if the newly-discovered Safari exploit turns out to be bad enough, Apple might find enough reason to work up a version 1.1.5 — or at least a patch of some sort, which I’m sure the jailbreak community will come up with before Apple does. The exploit relies on a specifically-formed Javascript argument to function and will lock up your iPhone or iPod Touch, requiring a soft reset. This exploit also effected the PC and Mac versions of Safari and would crash the browser, but it was fixed in the newly-released version 3.1.
    This exploit is actually based on an older exploit that was discovered, but unlike that exploit, this new one has been refined such that it no longer requires any user interaction. Like the original TIF exploit that gave us the Firmware 1.1.1 jailbreak, it can strike simply by visiting a malicious page that contains the code. There is no indication whether it can be further refined to allow the remote execution of arbitrary code, but iPhone World has a test page and the Javascript source to the exploit available for anyone brave enough or curious enough to wander through the code.

(Source: iPhone World, via MacNN, touchpodium)
  2. CCBalla10

CCBalla10 New Member

so how long do you think its gonna take to get a jailbreak to happen like this?
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Correct me if i'm wrong but this just "disables" your iPod or iPhone, sending you into some kind of restore mode.
  4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yay! it crashed safari for me! How useful!!!
    But once the jailbreak is working or if it gets working this will be awesome! They shouldnt release the code for the jailbreak once they get it working until 2.0 is released, that way apple wont be able to stop it hopefully...
  5. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    No your ipod will freeze, so you reboot and everything will be fine.

But this freeze will permit the hackers to insert code into the ipod and hack it to install... i dont know... installer?
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    not always. A "crash" isn't always a backdoor. I have experienced that false hope via the psp. =(
  7. mattx360xuk

mattx360xuk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah the amount of Crashes they found in the PSP, they thought would lead to exploits but never did.

But if they do somehow managed to get another TIFF exploit working on 1.1.4, it will make everything alot more simpler

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I read that people are already working on it but I'm no expert... I guess it will be out in a week or 2-3 if everything goes well.
  9. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

Thanks for posting this
    I like that image
  10. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There was a TIF exploit for the PSP....