New Safari Addition 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fourohfour, Jan 18, 2008.

1. fourohfour

fourohfour New Member

I read on Boing Boing that with 1.1.3 there has been an added feature with Safari that you can add bookmarks to the springboard. Is this possible with any applications without having to upgrade to 1.1.3?
  2. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Be warned, you need the $20 package to get that feature. Same goes for moving apps around in the home screen.
  3. Solomon

Solomon New Member

It is pretty easy to do without upgrading the firmware. Just install the facebook app. SSH into your iPot, find the facebook.app folder in the applications folder, and edit the web address in the plist file (you can edit it in notepad). Save the file and place it back in the facebook.app folder. Finally, change the name of the folder from facebook.app to 'what you want it to be called'.app. It is pretty easy to change the icon as well, and I'm sure that you can figure it out.
  4. Hackerkiller

Hackerkiller New Member

@lvlln: no you dont need to pay the 20 bucks for that feature. The money ist only for the iphone apps, the firmware with the new features is for free.
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

6. Solomon

Solomon New Member

Everytime I've tried using the iPhone apper, I've gotten an error. That is why I just do it myself.
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

weird it worked for me when i made a webmd app...
  8. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

You're wrong mate... The $20/£12.99 upgrade includes everything, from lyrics to iPhone apps. That is a very big misconception about firmware 1.1.3.
  9. gteo

gteo New Member

Is that possible use the Safari in firmware 1.1.3 in Iphone replace the Safari in Itouch using 1.1 able to use the web clip function ?