New Rant

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mattym, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, im a little tired of all the posts on this site that are about how some idiot bricked his iPod, or cant get something to work. At this point i believe that you should not jailbreak/mod your iPod unless you have either previous experience with iPod customization/modding, or have basic knowledge of all the components used in the jailbreak. Im tired of people asking were to download the specific programs used. You need to have the common sense that you can do this with any SSH or FTP Client(as long as it supports SFTP). And please if you want any of us to take you seriously you need to take the time to proof read your posts. I dont wanna sit here wasting my time filtering through horribly miss spelled words and very poor grammar. I dont care about punctuation, just make it readable. There are also sections of this site for those of you who dont speak English. Use them thats what there made for. I spent the weeks following Sept. 5th researching the Touch before i decided it was worth buying. And i spent the entire day the jailbreak came out renewing my knowledge of how all the programs worked and what they did. I read every post and every step in order make sure i knew exactly what i was doing before i jumped into it. My jailbreak worked just fine the first time through, and when it came time for summerboard to be put on, believe it or not i bricked it, but because i read into it i knew exactly what went wrong and was able to fix it.
    So to those of you out there that arrived here by searching cause you saw some video or a friend with an iPod that had something yours didnt, or did something cooler then yours, please read up and learn about what you are doing before you just let some program start installing stuff onto your iPod. If you allow it to install this stuff without having the basic sense of what its actually doing, then the second you hit a little bump in the road your going to be clueless. Then we have hear you start complaining and throwing around accusations that some program bricked your iPod. As i told someone earlier today, none of these programs brick your iPods, YOU DO!
    So once again please, please read up on what your doing or about to do. It will save us all a lot of time and head aches.

-Proud owner of a Working(modded)1G iPod, 4g iPod, iPod Photo(DEAD), and of most of all iPod Touch(16gb).
    -This post is dedicated to those that made this site, all the people that made the Jailbreak possible, the people out there making cool new app's for the iPhone/Touch, and most importantly those people here spending there time writing the tutorials and making the videos that help everyone to get the most out of their iPod's.
  2. timo

timo New Member

hey is the ipot jailbroken yet??? LOL just kidding
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

So, how can I go about jailbreaking my iPod? i'm not ging to tell you which OS I am using. Hell, I don't even know what OS means. Also, I'm not going to bother finding the links to the programs I need on this forum. Can't you just send me all the links.

Also, when I brick my iPod, will iot be okay if I PM you Constantly?

Please tell me that I won't void my warrantee.
  4. timo

timo New Member

LOL awesome!! where do babies come from???
  5. photonut13

photonut13 New Member

Amen to that. I have spent almost every evening for a week on this site since a bit after launch waiting for and then researching the jailbreak. And I haven't even got it yet, but I shall be ready when i do and wont be making stupid mistakes.
  6. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Should I update to 1.1.2?

LOLRCOPTR ROFFLEMAYO etc
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

OMG! Guys I seriously just bricked my iPod. I tried searching but nothing came up! OMG guys I need your help! One more thing...I need help, my dock is at the top of my screen! I dont know what I did. Please Help!

Roflcopter

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can't believe I took the time to read this ><"... Thought it'd be something worthwhile...
  9. sagsi

sagsi New Member

I think you have a crystal ball and can see into the future!
  10. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Hopefully this does not turn into another 8 page discussion like we had last night (right thomas

Please Register or Log in to view images

)