new RADIO apps - lose connection after a few seconds

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by THX1965, Jul 16, 2008.

1. THX1965

THX1965 New Member

I have a pretty strong WiFi connection (full bars), but my new iPod Touch seems to lose connection to the network no matter which of the various internet radio apps out there I try to use: AOL Radio, allRadio, Tuner, Pandora...

When I launch any of the radio apps, I am able to connect to one station (if I go to that station right away and don't browse directories first!). It usually plays for a 5-10 seconds, then the audio stops and eventually the WiFi menu bars disappear as well. Then I have to quit out of the radio app and after a few seconds, WiFi comes back on.

First I thought this was a problem with a specific radio app (Tuner, the one I tried first). But they ALL have the same problem. So I am thinking it has to do with the Touch and the 2.0 software when you connect to streaming audio.

Am I the only one having this problem?

--- Markus ---
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

i havent had that problem did u try rebooting? if u have i think its the touchs problem
  3. THX1965

THX1965 New Member

I reset the iPod Touch - even took off all the other radio apps and only left AOL Radio on. Same thing. I connect to one stream. It plays for a few seconds. Then the audio cuts off and I get a "connection lost" error message. Then after 10 seconds, my Wifi signal indicator up in the menu disappears. The moment I quit out of the radio app, the WiFi signal comes back on.

Hmmmm......
  4. H3X

H3X New Member

Because your NAT type is closed. Go to your router setting and set it to open.
  5. THX1965

THX1965 New Member

Yes, that was it! Thank you so much. Now, everything works. It was the router at work. I guess PC-routers tend to be setup like this. At home, my Apple Airport network worked perfectly fine without having to tweak a single thing.

--- Markus ---
  6. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Its not "PC Routers" are setup like that. Most work places are setup like that as it is more secure

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ox4dboy

ox4dboy New Member

Can someone shed some light on how to set NAT to "Open" please? I am constantly losing my iPod Touch G2's WiFI connection. I use a Belkin 54g router. I tried to set the NAT type to /Open' but do not see that as an option.

Here is what I do see for NAT options, in my router's settings:

NAT Enabling:
    ADVANCED FEATURE! Allows you to turn the Network Address Translation feature off. In almost every case you would NOT want to turn this feature off.

- NAT Enable / Disable > (•) Enable ( ) Disable

Is this the same as 'Open'

Also, I am using WAP to protect my wireless connection - could it be that this is causing the connection to drop?

Any help would be appreciated. Losing WiFi makes Pandora ZER0 fun.