New Project idea please

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by GazaIan, Jul 11, 2010.

1. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Well, Currently I have Ubuntu Installed On my laptop.. but I want to Try something new. Here's what I have already done..

Install Windows 7 " in an alternate way " - Success
    Install Windows XP - Partial Success
    Install Mac OS X Leopard - 85% Success
    Install Ubuntu Netbook Edition - Success
    Install Ubuntu 10.04 - Success
    Install Android To Hard Drive - Fail
    Install WebOS to Hard Drive - Can't even obtain it
    Install Goope Chromonium OS to Hard Drive - Fail
    Run Android From USB - Success, SD Card Failure
    Meet a Mexican and his 15 year old Guyanese Daughter - Success

That's all I have done that i recall [ this is excluding dual booting and VMware experiments ] So Does Anyone have a Serious idea of a project I can try ? It can't be light, heavy, I'll do it. Anything.

EDIT: Yellow isn't a color ? Really ? Hmm... Something isn't right..

Queue List: ( Color Code : Success!, Now In Progress, Not Done Yet.

1.Install Chromium OS and see whats thats like...
  2. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What do you mean a PROJECT? you can try. I don't really consider those experiments or projects. It's just installing OS's on computers...seems like a waste of time actually lol. What "PROJECT" do you want to do? None of those seem difficult or complicated at all.
  3. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i just like calling it projects because just about every single one of these OS'es are incompatible with my hardware [ Even Windows 7 gave me a hard time ], So when i install these OS'es i have to go play Driver/kext hunt to find compatible drivers... and when i cant find compatible drivers, i play trial and error and install all the wrong drivers to see which one will work, which will require me to restore... Its never perfect, and i have to use all these alternatives and retries to make it perfect. but now ive run out of ideas.
  4. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Alright well, that just seems like you are wasting your time

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Why not get a job or find a way to make money to buy parts that are compatible with at least Windows...there you go your next project..make some money...lol. Also you need to be more specific with "project". People will give you a bunch of stupid meaningless ideas. What is it you want to focus on? What are your capabilities?
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Here is something my friend and I are working at and were still in middle school.

Create an OS purely on flash. He had the idea, I had somewhat some knowledge and we went to work, I would say tat a beta will be releasing soon, weve been working everyday for about a year now. Now we can own Gates and Jobbs.
  6. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    An OS based purely on flash? An OS for what? Flash has to be ran in an OS. It doesn't have it's own APIs for accessing hardware, so you have to run it on top of an OS, so I think your beta is probably not working. I suggest doing some research before you try to do stuff that isn't possible.
  7. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As Number8 said, those aren't really projects. You should try getting into programming rather than installing OS's (which is kind of pointless). The easiest languages to pick up are probably PHP if you want the web side of things and Visual Basic if you want to make desktop applications.

Projects with languages like that can start off really simple, EG work out if a number is odd or even.

PHP:
    <?php
    function odd_number$input )
    {

$half $input 2;

$half_rounded round$half );
     if( 
    $half == $half_rounded ) return false;
     else return 
    true;
    }

$number "33"//This is the number you want to check

if( odd_number$number ) ) echo "The number is odd";
    else echo 
    "The number is even";
    ?>
    And again adding to what Number8 said about making money, if you get good at stuff like this there's money in it.