New owner of a 3rd gen 64gb question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BEEF_SUPREME, Oct 24, 2009.

1. BEEF_SUPREME

BEEF_SUPREME Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have several older IPODs that are jail broken both with blackra1n and redsnow. My question is this. I just today bought a new 64 gb touch 3g and am thinking about jail breaking it with blackra1n. If this being a tetered jail break doesnt suit me will I be able to restore my ipod back to factory settings? I hear talk that this will automatically void my warranty? If I restore will my warranty still be voided? I am really leary on this one because I spent $436.00 on this touch and do not want wrreck anything. By the way I upgraded to 3.1.2 as I did on my 1g 16gb that was jail broken via blackra1n. I have searched and have been unable to get the answers to my questios. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you experts here can give me.
  2. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes you will be able to restore your iPod back to factory settings. This will void your warranty but when you restore back to factory settings, you gain that warranty back because they will never know or can never find out. The jailbreak won't wreck anything. Just be aware that because this is a "tethered" jailbreak you will have to run backra1n every time that you reboot your iPod or every time it crashes. When an untethered jailbreak comes out, just restore then rejailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Warranty: Yes, jailbreak does void your warranty however a simple restore and it is valid again.

All jailbreaks can be reversed by restoring should you encounter any issues.
  4. BEEF_SUPREME

BEEF_SUPREME Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks you guys are fantastic very fast response. Im going for it I feel reassured now.