New out of box Freezing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crank73, Jul 13, 2008.

1. crank73

crank73 New Member

Well, I'm new to this site and have to be honest don't know what jailbreak etc means. I've seen some threads on freezing, but most of them talk about jailbroken itouch, which I'm not sure what that is, but I'm quite sure mine is not. Quite simply, I bought a itouch about 6 months ago from best buy. Charged her up, and put a bit of music on it. Every so often (maybe every 4th use), the screen would become unresponsive to the touch. I would try to turn it off, and even the slider was frozen. I would have to reset it and it would work for awhile, then do the same thing. Sometime just turning it off and on again would work, but only for a couple of minutes. Having paid quite a bit for a piece of electronic I thought that that was unacceptable and was going to return it. For a while, it would freeze less often, but still every so often. I stopped using the thing for months. Someone told me about the new 2.0 firmware, so I put it on the wall charger for most of the day (full charge) and got the firmware. iTunes shows that I have it, but the freaking thing still freezes. It freezes every use. I did a restore on it and it was frozen right off the bat not letting me even slide the slider. Is this a defective unit? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. jwipodtouch

jwipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm you are right it is unacceptable, if you have a extended warranty from best buy then get an exchange. If not i would send it back to Apple. Something like this has to be covered by the Original Warranty. So you said that it was not JailBroken?
  3. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah you can send that into Apple for faulty software, or better yet go to an Apple Store and get it replaced/fixed on the spot. It probably is a defective iPod though, that shouldn't be very common at all, unless you got something inside there. And if it's only 6 some odd months old, shouldn't it still be covered in the warranty?
  4. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well if it was new and it wasn't jailbroken( you'd know lol) and you even restored, then it is a hardware problem, it has to be fixed or replaced. If best buy's warranty is up then send it to apple they even ship it for you.
  5. 34highlighter

34highlighter New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea just drive to apple and exchange it