New n00b

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by mechcon, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mechcon

mechcon New Member

Hi there folks, I'm dave, and well, this is my first visit to this page, because of the fact that today (like few hours ago), I got an ipod touch 8gb, and wanted to jailbreak.. already screwed it up :\ so yay me! where can I post my problem? hah

Looking forward to learning as much about this side of software hacking/whatnot and hopefully teach others too once I get the gist

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Welome to the fourms.

What is your problem.
  3. mechcon

mechcon New Member

well... *takes deep breath* (and yes i've done searches already on the issue)

So what happened was, I got an 8gb ipod touch, that had what looked like 1.1.3 or 1.1.2, I updated it to 1.1.4 from iTunes first, then decided okay I'll use ZiPhone (latest one out now) to jailbreak it, then realised oh crap for me to get the apple apps I need to have 1.1.3 first, so I tried to revert back to original, or Refurbish like on ziphone, and yeah now Im trying to jailbreak it again, and it's sitting on

Spamming AT, waiting for a response <-- is on the screen. and "Please wait 45". on the ziphone app.. 45 seconds? 45 minutes? because when I first jailbroke it, it was fine, did it in minutes, now this is happening, can anyone shed some light on this please???

So now all I can do, is basically revert back to factory mode by holding Home and power for 10 seconds, whilst holding Home, plug the usb in, and let it revert back to 1.1.4 on itunes. And I can't jailbreak or refurbish on ziphone.. halts at that Spamming AT thing and does nothing for several minutes..

So it looks like im stuck with staying legit with my ipod touch things? Also now I can't even get the option to purchase the January update either! I hope you have the heart to help me please. any questions you want answered, I'd be happy to answer. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I've tried so far, to restore the firmware back to a certain version (held the option key, or shift if I was on Windows, in iTunes and clicked on the restore button) a fair few of the different versions of the firmware. reverted back to 1.1 even, and that didn't let me jailbreak either afterwards!

4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Well, this is where you wet wrong..
    ZiPhone is the most unstable piece of crap of all time.. The most safest JB would be 1.1.1.. I'm on 1.1.2 which takes a little more skill to do, not much though..
  5. mechcon

mechcon New Member

So.. should I wait till there's a new version of ZiPhone? I just feel that when I went to 1.1.2 and tried to jailbreak it with the latest ZiPhone, it still halted at the "Spamming AT, waiting for a response". :|

UPDATE: Okay I'll give you the exact steps I took from the beginning (when taken out of the box).

- Updated to 1.1.4 from itunes
    - Fired up the latest ZiPhone 2.5c
    - Jailbroke
    - Ran installer.app and all was honkydory for a while until I downloaded Apollo IM and the ipod crashed.
    - So I reset it and now this unix gobbledygook came up. so I thought okay I'll just hit Refurbish.
    - No dice, then I reset to factory mode (the screen came up with the ipod charger cable and itunes icon)
    - Reverted back to 1.1.4 from iTunes
    - Tried to since downgrade via itunes to 1.1.2 and 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 even and then using ZiPhone to jailbreak.. it kept popping back to the "AT Spamming, waiting for a response" whenever I try to Jailbreak or Refurbish
    - Sat there pondering a bit more, and here I am now