New Morphey Version Quickpwn.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Morphey, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Morphey

Morphey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well, i know how you guys searched for the 2.1 mobileinstaller.
    I added it, and now everything is perfect (like always, lol)

Please Register or Log in to view images

The JB is the same, and people that did it already *DONT* need to do it again, it has been added for all of you.

Guys, your'e the reason i like being here.
    I'm doing stuff like this (translating iPods to hebrew long before someone in Israel knew what is iPodwizard, lol) for a couple of years, and now, you've made the fire inside of me light again. That's for you.

Known issues:
    1. For some people, the installer doesn't show the new categories or new sources.
    I think it's because it's not fully adjusted to 2.1, but after couple of tries inwhich i restart my itouch, it worked out.

2. Catergories, poof, and all that mambo jumbo - DO NOT INSTALL, IT WILL RUIN YOUR FIRMWARE.

edited:
    3. Some people can't see Cydia.
    Try to copy the miboleinstallation file again with funbox to system \ library \ privateframeworks \ mobileinstallation.

aw, and it's Morphey, not Morphy or something

ENJOY! And plz, i don't ask for much, just a simple credit (like, saying it's my method)

Cheers.
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/145310226/QuickPwnRC3.Morphey.Version.2.New.rar

Guide!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quick" Guide - Morphey's QuickPwn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Open iTunes 8.

2. Connect your iPod.

3. Power off your iPod without disconnect it from PC; keep iTunes open.

4. Put iPod into DFU mode:
    a) hold down the Power button for 5 seconds;
    b) hold down the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds;
    c) release the Power button and continue to hold Home until Windows tells you that iPod is into DFU mode or/and iTunes recognizes that iPod needs to be restored.

5. In iTunes, Shift + Click Restore button, navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates" and select the file "iPod1,1_2.1_5F137_Restore.ipsw".

7. The screen turns white for some time. Apple's logo will appear after some seconds.

8. Smoke a cigarette, drink a Coke, smoke another cigarette, drink more Coke, and when your hear a bip, come back to PC.

9. Set up your iPod as a new iPod. Don't sync your stuff yet. Now you have a "clean iPod" with 2.1 firmware ready to jailbreak.

10. Close iTunes. Open Morphey's QuickPwn. Select the iPod touch and click Next.

11. Browse to the same place (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates) and select the same file (iPod1,1_2.1_5F137_Restore.ipsw). Next.

12. Select your options: Add Cydia, Add Installer, Replace boot logos. Next.

13. Follow the instructions that WinPwn will give to you. Time is crucial here.

14. More cigarettes and Coke.

15. After the process, QuickPwn will show the message: "The Pwnage process appears to have completed successfully. Please wait for your device to reboot in its newly modified state." So, wait.

16. When your iPod restarts, Cydia (and Installer, if you've selected it) should be there.

17. Install BossTool from Cydia and use it to realocate Fonts. After that, you can remove BossTool. Then install SSH.

18. Use iPhone Tunnel Suite (http://www.makkiaweb.net/itunnel/data/its-setup27.zip) to browse your iPod. Create three folders called "Documents": one at "/private/var/mobile/"; another at "/private/var/mobile/Applications/" and finally, at "/private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/". Set permissions to 777.

19. Restart your iPod. Open iTunes and sync only one app that you've downloaded from AppStore. Keep at least one app downloaded from App Store or backups and apps "that we don't comment here" won't work.

20. Now you can install some apps. (Google is cool and keywords like "themobileapps" and "ipodtouched" (with quotes) are hot).

Note:

1. For those who get gray fonts:

Put this folder at /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/. After that, open WinterBoard (install it from Cydia) and select "White Font".

(Unzip the file first =)

(White Font.theme)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First one to say "THANK YOU".
  3. skankmoses

skankmoses New Member

Just tried it and I now have the new QuickPwn logo but no Cydia or Installer... What happened? Am I missing something?
  4. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Nice. I actually already did it using your previous version, and it works great! But I don't see what the difference is between this and the old one. And no I havent downloaded it yet.
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It includes copyrighted Apple material (MobileInstallation).
    I've reported the post already.
  6. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Thank you very much.
  7. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Categories and pretty much everything else works for me just fine winterbaord icons are a little off in some themes and not all the sources work in installer and cydia but everything else to my knowledge works great even the emulators
  8. cainy

cainy New Member

*bows Down*....we are not worthy lol...thanks man keep up the good work
  9. jailwut wunnow

jailwut wunnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So does this address the "unable to backup" issue?
  10. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member