New Mocha VNC Out!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Spartigus, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    The new Mocha VNC is out for the iPod and iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

It was 7.99 AUD which is a good price for what it is, it is better than touchpad pro (which was $25 US + $5 US), except it doesn't have the media server thing, but we have the Apple remote which only does iTunes though, but is still good.

It is very smooth, all the colours appear fine (i found touchpad pro had weird colours sometimes). It refreshes quickly enough and very cleanly, i found touchpad pro refreshed badly when scrolling down webpages. It has a few different keyboards, the standard QWERTY one and a function keyboard, and also one with pagedown and crt+alt+delete and a few other ones.

It also has right click left click and all the other special functions you can do.

It also has a macro function which i dont fully understand lol. All i could do was get it to say a pre-defined word.

I gues this can be a discussion for Mocha VNC.
    Speak away!

Marco

EDIT:
    It also has a feature to zoom in and out of the actual screen, which touchoad pro also didn't have

2. berky93

berky93 New Member

i can imagine someone playing world of warcraft or something from another country by using the macros.
  3. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    theres mocha vnc lite which is free and has most features of the full one
  4. airjordan

airjordan Banned

Whats the difference between the first one and the second?
  5. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The paid version just gives you a few more features. like for example you can right click things. you also get a second keyboard with arrow keys and stuff. i bought it, and so far LOVE it. if you're happy with vnc lite then there's not much pushing you to get the paid version.
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i still liked touchpad better. this is okay but it reminds me too much of the old VNC which in my opinion sucked hugh jass lol
  7. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It does need a little work, but i like it

Oh, i did try to play WoW with it

. It would work if it refreshed at at least between 5+ fps which would be very cool

But with the current version, it would be fine if you wanted to manage things you had on the AH and things you wanted to buy and just little easy things like that, until maybe oneday it can go at 5+ FPS

8. cris6139

cris6139 New Member

I couldn't get the first one to work....could someone please tell me what I'm supposed to do to set it up properly?
  9. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just set up UltrVNC or TightVMC on your computer. Connect to the same network as your computer. Set a password on UltrVNC or TightVNC and find your computers local IP adress. Then enter the IP address and password in Mocha VNC and your done.

Good Luck
  10. homers

homers New Member

Hi
    I bought this but I can only add one IP to the host list and when I close the app and start it again the IP vanishes.

Why is this? Anyone else have this problem?
    Thanks